sorry ... I was late!

  • Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      hi everyone!

      I didn't manage to join the webheads' live chat today. I was out and got in
      just a little bit too late, I suppose.

      Hope everyone had fun and see you all soon!

      Oh! Did you watch the closing cermenony in Sydney today? I watched it live
      Michael and it was really touching.

      Sophie

      P.S Vance did you get my e-mail on air fares???
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
        At 06:05 PM 1/10/00 +0300, you wrote:
        >hi everyone!
        >

        >Oh! Did you watch the closing cermenony in Sydney today? I watched it live
        >Michael and it was really touching.
        >
        >Sophie

        Yes I did watch it Sophie. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's always interesting
        to hear how the outside world views events in your own country.

        It was sad to say goodbye to the games. They really do seem to bring the
        world together for a short time.

        As they said in the ceremony, "See ya in Athens."

        Michael Coghlan

        email: michaelc@... (home)
        michaelc@... (work)
      • Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2000
          Hi Michael, Hi everyone

          I was really sad to see the Olympics finish. I really don't know why - if I
          am just too sensitive or weird - but I found the whole experience very
          moving. From the opening ceremony to all the sports , all the way to the
          closing ceremony. I was really sad to see them finish and I wondered what
          the next day would be like. A day without the Olympics - how boring!
          I suppose we'll get used to it although today I watched an hour's programme
          with the highlights of the games....

          I also wanted to say to Michael (boost your patriotism...) that I
          *honestly* believe these were the best games ever.
          I hope Athens can match Australia's work and Australia's crowds of fans and
          ... yes let's get together in Athens.. I'm seriously starting to organise a
          visit to Athens in 2004.

          Love to you all
          Sophie