FWD: Online EE Courses

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 7:40 PM
      >===== Original Message From Deb Thrall <dthrall@...> =====
      The Environmental Education and Training Partnership (EETAP) would like
      to thank you for your past help in distributing information about the
      online environmental education courses offered by the Environmental
      Education and Training Partnership (EETAP) and the University of
      Wisconsin-Stevens Point.

      We have a few spaces still available in our fall Fundamentals of EE
      course and Strategic Planning and Implementation course and would
      appreciate your help in letting students, educators and professionals
      know about these opportunities for professional development and
      training! There are $200 scholarships available for FEE course! These
      scholarships are offered to course participants that are state-level EE
      leaders.

      Below, you will find information on each of the courses. Please feel
      free to share the information with anyone that you think might be
      interested in the courses or post it in newsletters, listservs, and/or
      other means of information dissemination.

      I have also attached scholarship applications and registration forms for
      the FEE course that may be passed on to those that might be interested.

      Thank You!

      Rainey Kreis

      Online EE Course Graduate Assistant

      Environmental Education & Training Partnership

      University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

      College of Natural Resources

      Stevens Point, WI 54481

      Phone: (715) 346-4748

      Email: rkreis@...

      www.eetap.org <http://www.eetap.org/>

      Education Online Courses offered through the University of Wisconsin -
      Stevens Point

      _____

      New Course!!!!

      <http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/Website2006/SPandI.htm>
      Leadership Development in Natural Resources:
      <http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/Website2006/SPandI.htm>
      Strategic Planning and Implementation

      Learn how to develop successful strategic planning and implementation
      models, processes and techniques. Emphasis will be placed on managing
      the strategic planning process to build the capacity of organizations to
      provide effective environmental education programs. Course participants
      will also have an opportunity for individual consultation time with the
      course instructor to discuss specific issues/questions they might have
      regarding strategic planning. This new course has been designed for
      environmental educators, natural resource professionals and graduate
      students who are currently involved in a strategic planning process or
      may become involved in one in the future.

      NRES 703: Leadership Development in Natural Resources: Strategic
      Planning and Implementation is a 9-week course available for 1 graduate
      level credit through the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. It is
      also available as a non-credit workshop.

      If there is room you can put in this quote about the course "Strategic
      planning is often misunderstood, misplaced and sometimes forgotten. So
      this course focuses on best practices for a successful process and its
      implementation." - Dr. Corky McReynolds, Strategic Planning and
      Implementation course instructor

      To learn more, visit the course web site:
      <http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/>
      http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/ or contact Angela Lemar
      (Angela.Lemar@...) for a registration form.

      To learn more about EETAP visit the EETAP website at
      <http://www.eetap.org/> http://www.eetap.org/

      Fall 2007 course dates: September 17 - November 16

      _____

      Fundamentals of Environmental Education

      An 11-week online course about the fundamentals of environmental
      education is appropriate for both classroom teachers and for non-formal
      educators who work with students and/or teachers. Participants may
      obtain three undergraduate or graduate credits from the University of
      Wisconsin-Stevens Point. All students, regardless of location, are
      eligible for the in-state tuition rate. The course is also offered at a
      reduced cost for those who are not interested in obtaining college
      credit.

      The "Fundamentals of Environmental Education" online course was
      developed by the Environmental Education and Training Partnership
      (EETAP) in collaboration with national EE experts. It provides
      educators with the knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate quality
      environmental education into their instruction. Participants discuss the
      history, definition, and goals of environmental education; develop an
      understanding of the professional roles and instructional methods of
      environmental educators; and interact with other educators from across
      the country. Past course participants have given the course excellent
      reviews.

      "This is a remarkable course. It is very well organized and in a way
      that I find models teaching organization we can all strive for. I
      enjoyed the opportunity to read about other people's experiences and to
      benefit from their knowledge and experiences. I also enjoyed reading the
      helpful comments the instructor gave me and others on the discussion
      board. What a wonderful opportunity!" - Spring 2005 FEE course
      participant

      To learn more, visit the course web site:
      <http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/>
      http://www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap/ or contact Angela Lemar
      (Angela.Lemar@...) for a registration form.

      To learn more about EETAP visit the EETAP website at
      <http://www.eetap.org/> http://www.eetap.org/

      Fall 2007 Dates: September 10 - November 23

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Peterson Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb