FWD: Tribal Solid Waste Listserver FW: Spam: Register Early for the 2007 Summit in New Orleans

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      From: Environmental Summit [mailto:attendee@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:49 PM
      To: Cynthia Naha
      Subject: Register Early for the 2007 Summit in New Orleans

      Dear Friends:

      The 2007 National Environmental Partnership Summit
      Local Actions, Global Results
      May 7-10 in New Orleans

      Summit Early Registration Ends March 1, 2007
      Full week registration will increase by $100 after early registration closes.
      Register early. This year our hotel space is limited and New Orleans trainings
      and assistance activities will close as soon as limits for each activity is

      Breakout Sessions Have Been Selected and Speakers Are Being Notified
      This year's agenda includes 46 integrated breakout sessions involving over 120
      of your colleagues as well as Pollution Prevention, Performance Track, and
      Compliance Assistance focused meetings. We are currently notifying selected
      speakers and our agenda will be updated daily. Many sessions are published
      online now and speakers will be published as they are confirmed.

      Snapshot: Tuesday May 8, 2007

      - Alternatives Assessment for Product Design and Public Policy
      - Creating Healthy Neighborhoods: Building Blocks for Vibrant Cities and
      - Effectively Reaching The Consumer Sector - Citizen Perspectives
      - Energy Assessment Tools and Methods
      - Environmental Results Program: Results and New Initiatives
      - Flame Retardants - Designing Safer Products
      - Global Climate Change - What can you do about it?
      - Ground Truth: Piloting EPA's Small Local Governments Compliance Assistance
      - How Would You React to a Major Hurricane? Disaster Planning to Mitigate
      - Local Solutions to Global Climate Change
      - Managing Environmental Aspects using an Integrated FMEA Approach
      - Planning the Recovery of New Orleans
      - Proximity Analysis
      - Show Me the Money: Getting Results From the Whole Organization Means It's
      Not Just About the Environment
      - Sustainable Consumption
      - The Cutting Edge of Compliance Assistance Outcome Measurement
      - The Value of Comprehensive Reporting and Stakeholder Engagement
      Please note that some sessions may move due to speaker schedules and

      New Orleans: An Opportunity to Learn and Network while Helping Through Local
      Our activities include a post Katrina tour, and volunteer opportunities with
      Habitat for Humanity and Wetlands Restoration. We will be providing CEU's for
      all Summit trainings, and the weekend before the Summit is the New Orleans
      Jazz and Heritage Festival!

      For details on sessions, site visits, activities, and training opportunities,
      please follow this link:

      For more information use the links above or phone: (202) 299-9701

      2007 National Environmental Partnership Summit Team

      The National Pollution Prevention Roundtable
      Performance Track Participants Association
      United States Environmental Protection Agency
      - Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics,
      - National Center for Environmental Innovation, and
      - Office of Compliance

      Special Thanks to:
      US EPA Region 6
      Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program
      New Orleans Mayor's Office of Environmental Affairs
      LA Black Bear Conservation Committee
      Marathon Oil
      Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
      Loyola University Center for Environmental Communications
      DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company
      Deltha Critique
      U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

      If you think you received this email in error or do not want to receive 2007
      Summit email in the future please reply to this note with REMOVE in the
      subject line.

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Peterson Hall
      Flagstaff, AZ 86011 Bldg 22, Room 208
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb