FWD: 9th Annual Environmental Youth Conference (April 12th, 2006), **Registation for FREE event**

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      >===== Original Message From Stephaniestansbury@... =====
      Greetings to High School teachers/School Activities
      Coordinators/Environmental Club and fellow educators;

      Every year Sandia Labs, in cooperation with the South Broadway Cultural
      Center and the Environmental Education Association of New Mexico, host the
      Annual Youth Conference on the Environment. This full day event brings
      together high school students from all over New Mexico and provides them
      with an opportunity to hear differing opinions about important environmental
      issues. This year our topic will be Ecological Footprints; helping students
      determine their own ecological footprint and how human consumption of
      resources impacts the earth individually and collectively.

      We are very excited about our agenda this year and would like to invite you
      and your high school students to attend this informative and valuable
      conference. Some of our topics include Pollution Prevention, Global
      Warming, Urban Development and other various environmental panel
      discussions. You may have already received conference material from our
      student planners, if not, please see attachments of conference brochure
      and registration form and map.

      The deadline for registration is Friday, March, 17. I'd like to encourage
      you to register your students soon, as we have very limited space! As of
      now, we are not limiting the number of students per school. Also, please
      note that there will be no conference registration fees and lunch will be
      provided. Also there is funding available to pay for substitutes and
      transportation (see conference brochure for additional details)

      You may email conference registration forms or send via fax, attn: Oriana
      Saiz. This email address was obtained via your school's website or archived
      contact files; if you know of a faculty member, educator or student that
      would be interested but did not received the info, please pass it on! Thank
      you for your time and I look forward to receiving your conference
      registrations! Please feel free to contact me should you have questions or
      require additional information.

      Sincerely,

      Oriana A. Saiz, Outreach Coordinator
      Environmental Management

      Sandia National Laboratories
      Org. 10331 M/S 1042
      Phone: 505-284-8046
      Fax: 505-845-7154

      oasaiz@...

      CONFERENCE BROCHURE/REGISTRATION FORM
      <<brochure 2005.pdf>> <<RRHS Registration Form 06.doc>> <<map to SBCC.jpg>>

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University North Union
      Flagstaff, AZ 86011 Bldg 3, APT A
      http://www.nau.edu/eeop/
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb