Workshop - Environmental Education for Tribal Air Quality Professionals

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2002
      Educators,

      At ITEP we are developing a new workshop for the Tribal Environmental
      Professionals that we support. The workshop is intended to prepare Tribal
      Environmental Professionals for doing Environmental Education (K-16) and
      Public Outreach. A course description is attached.

      I believe that as classroom teachers you would be able to provide ideas and
      guidance for tribal environmental professionals on education issues. You
      would be able to address questions such as: how to work with classroom
      teachers, how to make classroom presentations, etc.

      We will be having teleconference calls to discuss the development of this
      course and to collect ideas and input for how the course should be
      structured. We are also looking for co-facilitators to present at the 3
      day workshop.

      If you are interested in providing your input and could contribute to the
      teleconferences, we would greatly appreciate your support. If you are
      interested in being involved in developing the workshop and perhaps being a
      co-facilitator for the workshop, please contact me as soon as possible.

      I would also welcome any input that you might have initially via email so
      that we can send it out to the other teleconference participants prior to
      the teleconference call. This might help others develop additional ideas
      and input.

      We will also be creating a web site to share information about the workshop
      and a resource page. Your input on resources, references, and web sites on
      Environmental Education and Public Outreach would also be greatly appreciated.

      The workshop is scheduled for March 25 to March 27, 2003 here in Flagstaff.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Thanks

      man

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator Voice 928 523 1275 / 1496
      Northern Arizona University Hanley Hall

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
      children." Native American Proverb