Interpretive Design Workshops

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2013

    Tribal Environmental Education
    Institute for Tribal Env Prof
    Northern Arizona University

    From: "Jose Marcos-Iga" <jmarcos-iga@...>
    To: "environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com" <environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com>, "Border-Wide EE Coalition Coalition" <coalition@...>
    Subject: [environmentaleducators] Interpretive Design Workshops [3 Attachments]

    I would like to let you know about two upcoming workshops we are offering January 22- 25, 2014 that you or your staff may be interested in attending. The Interpretive Design Workshop and Interpretive Practicum sessions are going to be held at the Tucson Botanical Gardens and will be led by Steve Van Matre. These sessions are intended to help planners, designers, administrators, and educators who work with public places, such as parks, museums, nature centers, and historical sites, enhance the visitors’ experiences.

    The Interpretive Design Workshop (January 22-23) will provide a fresh look at how we go about using design to integrate the various experiences for the visitor in order for them to leave with the site’s intended message. The Practicum Workshop (January 24-25) will give participants an opportunity to directly apply the information learned from the Design Workshop.

    I have attached two flyers with details about these sessions along with a registration form. If you know of others that may be interested in these workshops please pass the information along to them. And if you have any questions you may contact via email or on my cell phone listed below.

    Thanks for your help,

    Mike

    Mike Mayer
    University of Arizona - College of Education
    Cooper Center for Environmental Learning
    P.O. Box 210069
    Tucson, AZ 85721
    520-626-1825 (o)
    520-822-6002 (c)