Fwd: Promote Healthy Schools - See New Date!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 9:31 AM

      From: National Healthy Schools Day <info@...>
      Date: November 15, 2013 at 10:30:55 AM MST
      To: <mansel.nelson@...>
      Subject: Promote Healthy Schools - See New Date!

      You're receiving this email because of your relationship with Healthy Schools Network. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.
      You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
      Promote & Celebrate Healthy Schools!

      Start planning now & celebrate in April 2014!

         Save the Date

       Tuesday, April 8, 2014

      Participate locally, in your city or state, or nationally!

      Become a new or continuing National Healthy Schools Day partner in 2014.  Email us at info@... for information on how your school or group can be recognized.

      See the free online activity tools and suggestions such as our Activities and Events map, chronicling all of the great activities and events from the past 3 years!  Also take a look at the Take Back Your IAQ Classroom Checklist or the Healthy Schools Day State/City Proclamation/Resolution toolkit used in both Red States and Blue States over the last few years! Visit the website for more ideas and information about National Healthy Schools Day 2014!

      We are very pleased to be strengthening our partnership with the American Public Health Association by celebrating Healthy Schools Day during National Public Health Week (April 7-13, 2014).  We are very excited about expanding the range of partners in public health and generating more awareness about the need for healthier school environments for all.

      Make sure to visit the web and make sure to Register your activity so we can add it to the activities map!

      Statements of Support 2013:

      Georges Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, American Public Health Association - "We know that healthy children learn better, and that education is so vital to their health through the lifespan.  Creating healthy, safe places for children to learn and grow yields a tremendous return on investment for future generations.  As always, the American Public Health Association honors National Healthy Schools Day and hopes our leaders do their part - to keep children safe and promote healthy learning environments."

      Thomas J. Gentzel, Executive Director, National School Boards Association - "Schools play a critical role in addressing the physical, mental, social, and environmental factors related to health and well-being that can affect student learning.  The National School Boards Association and local school boards across the country are committed to developing effective policies and practices to create healthy learning environments to help position students for success in school and throughout their lifetimes.  We commend the 11th annual National Healthy Schools Day as an important way to raise awareness about the need for healthy learning environments in America's schools."

      April 8th and all week long

      Join Our Mailing List
      This email was sent to mansel.nelson@... by info@... |
      Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.
      Healthy Schools Network | 773 Madison Avenue | Floor 1 | Albany | NY | 12208