FWD: Position Available at NMMNH

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      >===== Original Message From "Salem, Rebecca" <rsalem@...> =====
      POSTION AVAILABLE
      Student Ecology Research Program, Program Coordinator
      New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science

      The Student Ecology Research Program (SERP) is an ecology education program
      of the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science and New Mexico MESA
      (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement). We primarily work with MESA
      groups in grades 7-12 throughout New Mexico for three to six weeks each
      during the summer. We also work with native communities, homeschool
      families, and other community organizations to teach students about the
      aquatic ecology and natural history of New Mexico. We do this by providing
      educator training, equipment kits, curriculum manuals, and on-site
      assistance with instructing students in the field.

      Position Description
      The Program Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks relating
      to administration and instruction of the program. This includes, but is not
      limited to: supervision of Assistant Coordinator, creating and tracking
      budgets, designing and updating curriculum, outreach to teachers and
      students around the state, event planning, creating relationships with other
      conservation agencies, equipment maintenance and purchasing, assisting with
      funding proposals, creating/updating flyers and brochures, hiring summer
      staff, creating schedules and course instruction.

      Qualifications
      * Two years experience in ecology and/or outdoor education
      * One year of administrative experience that includes preparation and
      management of budgets
      * Strong leadership skills
      * Familiarity with ecological field research
      * Strong written and verbal communication skills
      * Well organized and detail oriented
      * Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
      * Proficiency with MS Office programs

      Salary: $12 - $13 per hour

      Beginning Date: February, 2004 (PT for an 8 week training period, FT
      thereafter)

      To Apply:

      Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample (one page only) and three
      references to:

      Rebecca Salem, Associate Director, SERP
      New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
      1801 Mountain Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
      Phone: (505) 841-2849 . FAX: (505) 841-2808
      Email: rsalem@...

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Hanley Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb