LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC, HIGHLY MOTIVATED ENERGY EDUCATION PRESENTERS! [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2013

    Tribal Environmental Education
    Institute for Tribal Env Prof
    Northern Arizona University

    From: Jose Marcos-Iga <jmarcos-iga@...>
    Date: July 20, 2013, 1:18:58 AM MST
    To: "environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com" <environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com>
    Subject: [environmentaleducators] LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC, HIGHLY MOTIVATED ENERGY EDUCATION PRESENTERS! [1 Attachment]

    LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC, HIGHLY MOTIVATED ENERGY EDUCATION PRESENTERS!

    The Environmental Education Exchange is a non-profit organization based in Tucson, AZ, that provides programs and services for the advancement of environmental literacy. Although the Exchange is located in Tucson, we are currently looking for energy education outreach presenters to conduct renewable energy presentations for the SRP Powering Our Future classroom outreach program for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year. Classroom presentations are for grades 5-8 across the greater Phoenix metro area. Presenters are paid $35 per presentation and are also reimbursed for round-trip mileage between the central storage facility and the school. SRP Powering Our Future classroom outreach presentations focus on energy use, generation, renewable energy, and energy efficiency. A background in these areas is desired but is not a requirement. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for engaging and meaningful part-time work.

    Prospective candidates must:

    ·      Be flexible with their hours. Presenters must be available three to five days per week. The number of presentations per day varies from two to five (usually three to four), and the time of day will also vary depending on the particular school’s schedule. Flexibility is a must. SRP Powering Our Future classroom outreach presentations last between 50 and 70 minutes. There is also travel, setup, and break down time involved.

    ·      Be experienced working with middle school age students.

    ·      Be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic individuals who can easily motivate and excite their audience.

    ·      Be comfortable using (or willing to learn quickly) a multimedia-based presentation format.

    ·      Have their own vehicles and be able to transport a variety of bulky presentation materials.

    ·      Be physically able to lift and roll the presentation materials (up to 40 pounds)

    Presenters do not need to prep or plan presentations once they’ve learned the program. The material is already developed and presenters’ main job is to convey the information in a high-energy, fun, and dynamic manner. We are looking for people who can take these basic scientific concepts and make them come alive with middle school kids.

    If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Phil Miller at pmiller@... as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon.