INVITATION TO URANIUM CONFAB IN FLAGSTAFF - July 28 to 30

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
    All,

    See the attached.

    man

    From: <sarah@...>
    Date: July 19, 2013, 1:40:19 PM MDT
    To: <Mansel.Nelson@...>
    Subject: Corrected: INVITATION TO URANIUM CONFAB IN FLAGSTAFF - July 28 to 30

    Dear Mr. Nelson,

    Below is an invitation to the 2nd Uranium Confab, to be held in Flagstaff on July 28 to 30, 2013.

    Please feel free to forward this or the attached invitation to anyone in the Flagstaff area that you
    feel might be interested.  The main talks and panels will be on Monday, July 29.  The program
    involves those who are actually involved in addressing uranium industry operations and proposals
    in the Four-Corners Area.

    We are in the process of finalizing the agenda.  Let me know if you want more information or
    have questions.

    Sincerely,

    Sarah Fields
    Director
    Uranium Watch
    PO Box 344
    Moab, Utah 84532
    435-210-0166 (mobile)

    IINFORM and Uranium Watch
    Invite You To

    The 2nd Uranium Confab
     Flagstaff, Arizona

    July 28 - 30, 2013

    at the Coconino Center for the Arts
    2300 North Fort Valley Road, Flagstaff, Arizona

    Please join us Sunday evening, July 28th, through Tuesday, July 30th, at the 2nd Uranium Confab, a workshop and conference for uranium activists and environmentalists.  Gather with activists for two days of speakers, panel discussions, informative presentations and strategy sessions about uranium mining and milling in the Southwest. Our topics include the latest ideas and trends in uranium mining proposals, the historic legacy, cultural issues and impacts, regulation, law, and more. The program and event schedule will be announced later.

    The Uranium Confab is open to activists and allies by advance registration. Please help us plan by registering early. Register for the Confab and camping online at: https://uconfab.eventbrite.com/.

    The Confab is free to attend. Group camping is provided along with meals in the camp on a first-come, first-served basis while spaces last. If you wish to camp with us, please register separately for each day so we can keep an accurate count. General information about lodging in Flagstaff can be found at http://www.flagstaffarizona.org/.

    Camping is at the Ft. Tuthill County Park Campground: a few miles south of Flagstaff on Hwy. 89A. Travel south on 89A to campground on Ft. Tuthill Loop.
    http://www.coconino.az.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2032

    The Uranium Confab is generously supported by the Indigenous Environmental Network - Western Mining Action Network, Flagstaff Cultural Partners, INFORM, Uranium Watch, Sierra Club, and Grand Canyon Trust.

    For more information about the Uranium Confab and Registration, contact Jennifer Thurston at (212) 473-7717 or jennifer@... or Sarah Fields at 435-210-0166 or sarah@...