Summer Scholars Application

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013

    Dear Summer Scholars Student and Parent(s),

     Thank you for your interest in our Summer Scholars program!  Summer Scholars is an academic enrichment program held at Northern Arizona University (NAU), Flagstaff, Arizona.  The Summer Scholars program provides students an on-campus, pre-college experience with an emphasis in mathematics, environmental science, and technology.

    This year we having a weeklong camp from July 22 through July 26 and the camp is open to all Tuba City Junior High School students.  Students will be selected based on their interest in the environmental fields and the quality of their application.

    While on campus, the participating students will be supervised by certified teachers, college students, and our Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals staff.

    The theme for Summer Scholars 2013 will be “Climate Change”.

    The Summer Scholars program will be a tremendous learning opportunity for all participating students.  Students will learn about important academic areas, experience college life, and learn more about themselves.  The program will be a challenge, but one that will be of great benefit now and in the future.  Information about previous sessions is available at the www.nau.edu/eeop

    Those interested in participating in Summer Scholars should complete the Summer Scholars application packet and return to the Tuba City Junior High Front Desk as soon as possible.  Please note that if you are selected for participation, your school will notify you and provide additional information.

    A complete application packet consists of the following documents:

    ·      Application Form

    ·      Medical Form

    ·      Consent for Participation – signed by your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if you send this to us, we will forward it to the NAU Department of Safety & Environmental Services for you.

    If you have questions about the program, please contact Tuba City Junior High School at 928-283-1040.

    Mansel Nelson
    mansel.nelson@...