Teacher Workshop on IAQ

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2013
      Teachers

      I encourage you to consider the following workshop.  If there is enough interest perhaps I could do a similar workshop for teachers in other regions.

      Man

      Summer Workshop for Teachers

      A professional development workshop will be held in mid-August at The University of Montana for up to 10 middle and high school science teachers. This three-day workshop will be a comprehensive introduction to new instructional modules developed by the SEPA team, including hands-on experience with equipment and protocols focused on indoor air pollutants such as particulate matter, carbon monoxide, and radon. The workshop format will include discussions about pedagogy and ways of sharing interdisciplinary strategies. The workshop is offered at no cost to teachers with Vidyo videoconferencing available to those attending off-site. Participating teachers will receive 2 credit hours which can be applied towards a new Certificate Program in Environmental Health Sciences being developed at The University of Montana as part of our SEPA project.

      The dates for the August workshop are preliminary at this point. In order to finalize the dates and workshop logistics, we are announcing this opportunity to solicit applications from candidate teachers before the end of the current school year. Please direct your letters of interest and inquiries to either   Andrij Holian (andrij.holian@...
      or Tony Ward (tony.ward@...).