: Announcing 2013 Air Quality Awareness Week

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013

      From: lee.debra@... [lee.debra@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:44 PM
      To: Brandy Toft
      Subject: Announcing 2013 Air Quality Awareness Week

      To All State, Local and Tribal Agencies:

      We are pleased to announce the 2013 Air Quality Awareness Week (AQAW) will be held Monday, April 29 - Friday, May 3.

      I'm sure many of you have already begun planning events for your communities and just like last year, we encourage you to share those plans with us. We would be delighted to highlight it during AQAW, as well as post the information and pictures on the AQAW web site, AirNow Facebook page and Twitter.

      We will be updating the daily messages on the web site soon and encourage you to share them with your local media, particularly meteorologists. Access to the AQAW Event Planning Kit, which contains information on working with the media and the public to create a successful awareness event, can be downloaded at this web site: http://www.epa.gov/airnow/airaware/resources. html<http://www.epa.gov/airnow/airaware/resources.html>.

      During AQAW, please consider visiting us on Facebook to post a comment about the AQI in your area, (i.e. Today's air quality index is good here today in Raleigh, NC, therefore, I think I'll go for a run or a long walk). You could also consider sending out a press release or news pegs during the week to highlight your program.

      If you have any comments/questions or events and pictures you would like posted, please send them to Debra Lee at: lee.debra@...<mailto:lee.debra@...>. I can also be reached at: (919) 541-0860.

      We look forward to working with all of you on another successful Air Quality Awareness Week!