Fwd: Air Quality Symposium invitation

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013

     message ----------

    From: David Dubois <dwdubois@...>
    Date: Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    Subject: Air Quality Symposium invitation
    To: Dave Novlan - NOAA Federal <dave.novlan@...>, Jesse Haro <Jesus.Haro@...>, John Brost - NOAA Federal <john.brost@...>, Ken Waters - National Weather Service <ken.waters@...>, Gary Woodall - NOAA Federal <gary.woodall@...>, Glen Sampson - NOAA Federal <Glen.Sampson@...>, Kenneth Drozd <Kenneth.Drozd@...>, John Fausett <John.Fausett@...>, "Shawn P. Bennett" <Shawn.Bennett@...>, Kerry Jones <kerry.jones@...>, Deirdre Kann <Deirdre.Kann@...>

    Dear NWS Colleagues,

    The New Mexico Climate Center, located within NMSU’s College of Agriculture, Consumer, and Environmental Science’s Plant and Environmental Science Department, would like to invite you to participate in a two day symposium on April 22nd through April 23rd, 2013 dedicated to discussions on border region air quality in connection to climate. The symposium will be held at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces, NM.

    We are inviting Decision Makers, Professionals, Educators, and Students to participate in this two day event to learn of current programs and discover new projects that are in development.

    Plans for this symposium include a poster presentation time to report on projects you are working relating to either air quality or climate related topics. We are especially encouraging students to present posters. We will also have a demonstration of the Portable In-Situ Wind Erosion Laboratory (PI-SWERL), presentations about the most recent research findings related to windblown dust in southern New Mexico/West Texas/NW Chihuahua, and air quality in the Paso del Norte. We’re also planning on having a discussion on the impacts of dust on transportation.

    This Symposium is free to attend.   Food will be provided during attendance times.  Our online registration should be operational by March 22.  To register online, please visit http://aces.nmsu.edu/register/airquality/.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at swbs.aqc@... or call 575-646-2974.

    Please circulate this opportunity to students and other colleagues. We look forward to hearing from you. Depending on the need, we could offer the meeting live online.

    Dr. Dave DuBois
    New Mexico State Climatologist

    CoCoRaHS State Coordinator
    Dept. Plant and Environmental Sciences