FWD: [Fwd: Water Resources Manager]

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      >VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
      >

      >ANNOUNCEMENT
      >DATE: 11/19/04 CLOSING DATE:
      12/9/04
> [...]
      >policies.
      >9. Responsible for making recommendations regarding the BIA’s
      >administration of the Pine River Indian Irrigation Project and Tribal
      >oversight of Florida Water Conservancy District water/lands.
      >10. Develops maps of Tribal lands, Tribal assignments, allotments, and
      >fee lands as required for water resource management planning and specific
      >projects.
      >11. Willingly and professionally handles delegation of authority as
      >Acting Water Resource Division Head if requested.
      >12. Communicates and works with individuals and organizations
      >including Tribal Departments and Divisions, Tribal members, Tribal
      >Council, lessees of Tribal lands, and State and Federal agencies.
      >13. Operates and maintains telemetry-based Tribal flow gauging stations.
      >14. Designs or assists in the design of water measurement systems and
      >irrigation water delivery systems.
      >15. Attends meetings, conferences and training as required.
      >16. Performs other job related duties as required or requested.
      >
      >SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
      >· BS/BA Degree Water Resource Management, Hydrology, Engineering
      >or closely related area (a combination of relevant and appropriate
      >education and experience may be substituted for all or part of the degree
      >requirement).
      >· Must have 5 years experience in technical water resource
      >management work.
      >· Must have 1-year experience in water resource management and
      >planning.
      >· Must possess excellent communication skills.
      >· Must have computer experience in software programs in the
      >Microsoft Windows environment including MS Word. Access, and Excel
      >· Must pass pre-employment drug test.
      >
      >PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
      >· General knowledge of the Southern Ute Indian Reservation, Tribal
      >natural resources, and land ownership status is preferred.
      >· Familiarity with computer modeling and computer software used in
      >hydrologic analysis.
      >· Familiarity with telemetry-based remote monitoring and data
      >collection.
      >· Familiarity with GIS software, preferably ArcView.
      >· Experience in construction of water resource projects, including
      >operation of heavy equipment, is desirable.
      >
      >HIRING PREFERENCE:
      > * Enrolled Southern Ute Indian Tribal Member
      > * Local Native legally married to Southern Ute Indian Tribal member
      > * Local Native
      > * Veteran
      >

      >HOW TO APPLY:
      >1. A completed, signed Application for Employment must be received
      >by the Human Resource Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date of the job closing.
      >2. A separate Application for Employment must be completed for each
      >position applied for.
      > * Mail, deliver, or FAX a completed and signed Application for
      > Employment to the address at the top of the page.

      _________________________________v_____________
      Abe Springer, Ph.D.
      Associate Professor, Department of Geology
      Director Water Collaborative
      Northern Arizona University
      http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~aes9
      P.O. Box 4099 (Frier Hall for shipping)
      Flagstaff, AZ 86011
      ph (928) 523-7198; fax (928) 523-9220
      abe.springer@...
      Geology 451; http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~doetqp-p/courses/env302/
      Geology 670; http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~doetqp-p/courses/env303a/

      We don't live in a "poll-ocracy", a "survey-ocracy", or a "pundit-ocracy",
      but a Democracy.

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Hanley Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb