Geoscience summer course for college bound seniors and rising seniors

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013

      From: Nievita Watts <buenowat@...>
      Date: January 23, 2013, 5:29:13 PM MST
      To: <GEOSCIENCE-ALLIANCE@...>
      Subject: [GEOSCIENCE-ALLIANCE] FW: Geoscience summer course for college bound seniors and rising seniors

      Might be interesting for

      From: owner-scuttlebutt@... [mailto:owner-scuttlebutt@...] On Behalf Of Bunting, Kerrie
      Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:34 PM
      To: scuttlebutt@...

      Scuttlebutters:

      The University of Maryland Eastern Shore in Princess Anne, MD (http://www.umes.edu/ ) is proud to announce that applications are being accepted for our annual LMRCSC (http://www.umes.edu/lmrcsc/Default.aspx?id=38728 ) summer bridge program for graduating high school seniors or rising seniors who wish to pursue further education in any of the geosciences.  Held on the campus of UMES, participants will be housed in dorm rooms for the six weeks (fully supervised by dorm counselors at all times) with room and board covered by our grant funds.  We will even reimburse travel to and from campus.

      This 6 week, intensive course, is funded by a grant designed to provide geoscience education and opportunities, college experiences and career guidance to college bound students.  We select 10 exceptional aspiring scientists who will work closely with our graduate students and research faculty on current research projects.

      *Our successful applicants, upon completion of the 6 week course, will be PAID $500/week and gain invaluable resume building experiences.

      If you know of anyone who may be interested,  please send along this website with all the information and application details: http://www.umes.edu/cscgeosciences/Default.aspx?id=39798

      This summer’s session will run from June 30 – August 2 and the application deadline is March 29.

      Thank you!

      Kerrie

      Kerrie Bunting

      University of Maryland Eastern Shore