Pre-Graduate School Workshop For Native American Students

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13 4:08 PM
      AIGC/GRADUATE HORIZONS
      PRE-GRADUATE SCHOOL PROGRAM
      A Pre-Graduate School Workshop For Native American Students
      Co-sponsored by AIGC (American Indian Graduate Center), Winds of Change
      Magazine, U. of Missouri-Columbia, and over 30 of the nation’s finest graduate
      and professional programs.

      JULY 16–19, 2005 UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI - COLUMBIA

      College Horizons Graduate Program is a four-day “crash course” for Native
      college students (or graduates) in preparing for graduate school. Faculty,
      admission officers and deans representing hundreds of graduate disciplines and
      over 35 graduate and professional schools will help you:

      • Select programs and careers suitable for you
      • Complete winning applications and write memorable personal statements
      • Learn what turns an applicant into an admitted student
      • Become a test-prep “whiz kid” on the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, & MCAT
      • Find your way through the financial aid/scholarship jungle
      • Explore special issues for Native students
      • Learn graduate school survival tips

      Students will learn about a broad variety of programs and establish personal
      relationships with graduate school representatives that will continue long
      after the program is over. Participants will be limited to 70 and will be
      Native American (enrolled members only), Native Alaskan or Native Hawaiian
      college students (freshmen year on) or college graduates from throughout the
      U.S. Students will be selected by application. First round, priority receipt
      deadline is February 10; 2nd round receipt deadline is March 1. Applications
      will be accepted on a space-available basis to July 1 (after April 15, please
      contact us to see if we still have spaces). Complete program cost is $100
      (includes tuition, room, board, transportation to and from the St. Louis
      airport, and all materials). Substantial funds are available for travel and
      tuition assistance (in 2004, 75% of our students received travel awards).

      Programs and Universities attending:
      American Indian Graduate Center Washington University
      Harvard University The Princeton Review Foundation
      Yale University University of North Carolina, Charlotte Washington
      State University The Admission Advisory Group
      Princeton University U. of Oklahoma Health Sciences
      Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Cornell University
      U. of California - Berkeley University of New Mexico
      Michigan State University Indiana University
      University of Puget Sound Oregon State University
      Arizona State University University of Oklahoma
      University of Missouri-Columbia Syracuse University
      U. of Michigan University of Arizona
      U. of Washington Texas A&M University
      Stanford University
      Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (representing 13 business schools)

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Hanley Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb