Arizona STEM Network | Science Foundation Arizona

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012

      SFAz's Afterschool STEM Clubs

      Our STEM Club model, supported by JPMorgan Chase, targets middle and high school Title I schools in Tucson, Phoenix and Flagstaff. This informal education, with a focus on at-risk populations, is having an impact: More than half the students who originally expressed interest in non-STEM careers now say they plan to pursue a STEM profession.

      Our STEM Club model is unique in Arizona. It includes interdisciplinary activities that reinforce and accelerate classroom learning through advanced, hands-on activities that demand critical thinking and use of technology. STEM Club student leaders determine specific activities each semester, including competitions with peers, community service projects, college visits and career exploration.

      You can learn more about this by clicking here or on the link below.

      http://www.sfaz.org/stem/network?subid=115569