Fwd: Free Online Climate Science Resource for High School Science Classrooms

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2012

      From: Jeff Markle <jmarkle@...>
      Date: December 21, 2012, 1:32:34 PM MST
      To: <mansel.nelson@...>
      Subject: Free Online Climate Science Resource for High School Science Classrooms

      Free Online Resource for High School Science Classes

      Click the graphics below to explore sample interactives and a video for a taste of what Carbon Connections has to offer!

      While winter break might be a great opportunity to rest between semesters, we know that, as teachers, your work is never done. Even as you enjoy a few days off, you’ll likely be thinking about spring semester plans for your science classes. We are excited to introduce a new online resource available from BSCS that will not only be fun for you to explore over break, but that you’ll want to use in the spring!

      Carbon Connections is an inquiry-based online curriculum for students in grades 9-12, designed to improve students' understanding of the carbon cycle and the science of Earth's climate. Each of the three units was nationally field tested and revised with more than 30 teachers and 1,700 students. The program features interactive and hands-on investigations, virtual field-trip videos, NASA-based resources, and much more!

      Explore and access the entire Carbon Connections curriculum at carbonconnections.bscs.org.

      A teacher resources website will be available in February 2013. Read more about Carbon Connections and register for access to the teacher resources at www.bscs.org/carbon-connections. We will notify registered users when the site becomes available.

      Funding for Carbon Connections was provided by

      The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA Award # NNX10AB56A) and developed in partnership with OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting).

      BSCS - 5415 Mark Dabling Blvd. Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918 - 719.531.5550 - info@... - www.bscs.org

      This message was sent to mansel.nelson@... from:

      BSCS | 5415 Mark Dabling Blvd | Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918

      Unsubscribe  |  Forward This Message