Fwd: Red Valley-Cove miner recognition

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

    Tribal Environmental Education
    Institute for Tribal Env Prof
    Northern Arizona University

    From: Tom Riggenbach <chuskaman@...>
    Date: November 1, 2012, 5:52:11 AM MST

    The flyer in PDF format is attached this time.  Ignore the others.

    Evening all,

    I wanted to let you all know that Red Valley-Cove High School (RVCHS) is hosting a uranium miner recognition event on Thursday, November 15 from 4-8 p.m. at the high school.  The event is being put on by RVCHS students, who go by the "miners" moniker themselves.

    Many of the local miners and widows are planning to attend and we would like to extend an invitation to all of you to join us.  A flyer for the event is attached.  The program will include many stories and experiences from the miners, a keynote address by Dr. Perry Charley and a recognition of all the miners by the local students.  A nice dinner and entertainment will be offered by the students, including a performance of the song "I Remember", written by two Cove students for their uranium-mining grandpa. It should be a memorable evening.

    You may contact me here or at (928) 429-0345 with any questions.  Thanks.

    Tom Riggenbach
    History Teacher, Red Valley-Cove High School