Fwd: Uranium miner recognition event

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2012

    From: Doug Brugge <dbrugge@...>
    Date: October 19, 2012 11:01:08 AM MST
    To: Undisclosed recipients:;
    Subject: Fwd: Uranium miner recognition event

    FYI

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Tom Riggenbach <chuskaman@...>
    Sent: Fri, Oct 19, 2012 1:39 am
    Subject: Uranium miner recognition event

    Evening,

    We would like to extend an invitation to all of you to attend the uranium miner recognition program in Red Valley on Thursday, November 15.

    The event will include a special presentation of the local miners and widows from the Cove, Red Valley, Oak Springs, Sanostee and Shiprock communities.  An open mic time will allow for the sharing of stories and experiences of these folks. Please help us get the word out to the miners and widows, so that they know that their presence is welcome and anticipated.

    The event will begin at 4:00 p.m. at Red Valley-Cove High School, with dinner to be served around 6:00.  Entertainment for the evening will include student musicians and a performance of the song "I Remember", which was written and recorded by a local group of Cove musicians to honor their uranium-mining grandfather.

    Attached is a flyer for the event and a list of the miners, both living and deceased.  (This list is a work-in-progress, so please let us know if you have additional names to add.)  Please share this info with anyone you know who may be interested in taking part.  Thanks.

    Tom Riggenbach
    Red Valley-Cove High School