- Begin forwarded message: From: Allyson Fauver Subject: [GEOSCIENCE-ALLIANCE] Webinar forMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2012View SourceBegin forwarded message:From: Allyson Fauver <afauver@...>
Subject: [GEOSCIENCE-ALLIANCE] Webinar for students: Grad School - Tips on Funding and Applying (9/20/12 at 7:00 p.m. EST)
Date: September 18, 2012 10:08:43 AM MST
Reply-To: Allyson Fauver <afauver@...>
Due to popular demand, the Institute for Broadening Participation is again hosting the following webinar for undergraduate students, to discuss graduate school funding opportunities and frequently asked questions about the graduate school application process.
Students - please join us, and feel free to share this invitation with any other undergrads you know who are interested in applying to grad school! Details on registration below.
Program directors, faculty and administrators - please share this invitation with any undergrads you think could benefit from this free and informative webinar!
Do I have to pay to go to graduate school? How does it all work?
Tips on Funding Opportunities and Applying to Programs
• Join our free webinar on Thursday September 20th 7 p.m. EST for a short presentation followed by a Question & Answer period
• Learn about national fellowships, scholarships and other methods of graduate school support.
• Hear from current graduate students about their experiences
• Pick up materials about how to strengthen your applications
• Learn how graduate school varies from the undergraduate experience• Preregistration is required. Please sign up and pre-share your questions with us at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QSB9PJW
Even if you can’t join our webinar, we hope you’ll check out these links for graduate school and post doc support and information:
Graduate school opportunities at over 150 colleges and universities - for Financial Support in Graduate School; Bridges, IGERT and NSF Grad Research Fellowship programs provide generous stipend and tuition support for students through the National Science Foundation:
For NASA-supported internships, fellowships and scholarships
For Postdoc Opportunities: www.PathwaysToScience.org/PostDocs.asp
Director of Policy and Analysis
Pathways to Ocean Sciences
Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP)