Webinar for students: Grad School - Tips on Funding and Applying (9/20/12 at 7:00 p.m. EST)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2012

      From: Allyson Fauver <afauver@...>
      Subject: [GEOSCIENCE-ALLIANCE] Webinar for students: Grad School - Tips on Funding and Applying (9/20/12 at 7:00 p.m. EST)
      Date: September 18, 2012 10:08:43 AM MST

      Due to popular demand, the Institute for Broadening Participation is again hosting the following webinar for undergraduate students, to discuss graduate school funding opportunities and frequently asked questions about the graduate school application process.

      Students - please join us, and feel free to share this invitation with any other undergrads you know who are interested in applying to grad school! Details on registration below.

      Program directors, faculty and administrators - please share this invitation with any undergrads you think could benefit from this free and informative webinar!

      Graduate School:

      Do I have to pay to go to graduate school? How does it all work?

      Tips on Funding Opportunities and Applying to Programs

             Join our free webinar on Thursday September 20th 7 p.m. EST for a short presentation followed by a Question & Answer period

             Learn about national fellowships, scholarships and other methods of graduate school support.

             Hear from current graduate students about their experiences

             Pick up materials about how to strengthen your applications

             Learn how graduate school varies from the undergraduate experience

             Preregistration is required.  Please sign up and pre-share your questions with us at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QSB9PJW

      Even if you can’t join our webinar, we hope you’ll check out these links for graduate school and post doc support and information:

      Graduate school opportunities at over 150 colleges and universities - for Financial Support in  Graduate School;  Bridges, IGERT and NSF Grad Research Fellowship programs provide generous stipend and tuition support for students through the National Science Foundation:

      For NASA-supported internships, fellowships and scholarships

      For Postdoc Opportunities: www.PathwaysToScience.org/PostDocs.asp

      Best regards,
      Allyson Fauver
      Director of Policy and Analysis
      Pathways to Ocean Sciences
      Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP)
      Phone: 866-593-9103

      Mansel Nelson