2012 President's Environmental Youth Awards

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 6:09 PM

      2012 President's Environmental Youth Awards

      The PEYA program promotes awareness of our nation’s natural resources and encourages positive community involvement. Since 1971, the President of the United States has joined with the EPA to recognize young people across the U.S. who are protecting our nation’s air, water, land, and ecology. It is one of the most important ways the EPA and the Administration demonstrate commitment to environmental stewardship efforts created and conducted by our nation’s young people. One outstanding project from each region is selected for national recognition. Projects are developed by young individuals, school classes (K-12), summer camps, and youth organizations to promote environmental stewardship. Thousands of young people from all 50 states and the U.S. territories have submitted projects to the EPA for consideration. Winning projects in the past have covered a wide range of subject areas, including:
      -environmental science projects
      -recycling programs in schools and communities
      -construction of nature preserves
      -major tree planting programs
      -videos, skits, and newsletters that focus on environmental issues

      Evaluation results consistently demonstrate that the experience is a life-changing event for many of the young people and sponsors who participate.

      Find out how to apply. The annual deadline for the regional award program is December 31.