Fwd: The GREEN Program Costa Rica - Renewable Energy/Sustainability Education for all NAU Students

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2012

    From: Brady Halligan <Brady@...>
    Date: August 22, 2012 12:48:34 PM MST
    To: <CEFNS-STAFF@...>
    Subject: The GREEN Program Costa Rica - Renewable Energy/Sustainability Education for all NAU Students

    Hi NAU,

    I was referred to these emails by Mary-Jane Hogin in the college of engineering, forestry, and natural sciences.  The GREEN Program is a great opportunity for students to gain a global perspective of the Renewable Energy Industry as well as gain valuable hands-on experience that will give them an edge. Please send/share this opportunity with your undergraduate/graduate students. Below is a brief explanation of the GREEN program for your understanding, further down is the information we hope you can share with the students.

    The Global Renewable Energy Education Network (GREEN) is a global experiential learning program taking place in Costa Rica and focusing on topics of renewable energy and sustainability. In 2011-2012 we worked with over 80 universities across the United States and have influenced the lives of over 320 students.

    Our international learning opportunity offers students a 12-Day and 9-Day life inspirational experience in Costa Rica. Students receive exclusive access to five different state of the art renewable energy facilities including: Geothermal, Biomass, Wind, Solar and Hydroelectric. During these site visits students interact with expert industry professionals who teach the students about the workings of the facility, and also offer opportunities beyond the program connecting them with their Network of professionals and offering career mentorship. The program is jam-packed with non-stop learning containing 49 total contact hours with numerous cultural immersion, service learning projects and adventure activities all within the 12-Day time period.

    If you have any questions or wish to collaborate on a custom program do not hesitate to contact me directly.

    Thank you,
    Brady

    Brady Halligan
    Global Renewable Energy Education Network
    Director of University Outreach
    201.345.3075 | www.thegreenprogram.com
    "An Educational Breakthrough in a Costa Rican Paradise"

    Twelve days, five forms of renewable energy, action-packed adventures, cultural immersion and memories for a lifetime …

    Inline image 1

    The GREEN Educational Adventure Program gives motivated students a chance to travel to Costa Rica, the epicenter of renewable energy and sustainability, to gain a hands-on educational experience while enjoying the rich culture and helping change the world. Get a sneak preview of the program on our website: www.thegreenprogram.com.

    Through a rigorous curriculum and exclusive access to renewable energy technology, this ground-breaking program helps students of all majors to bridge the gap between traditional textbook learning and accelerated career development.

    Students who attended this program in the past have cited it as "one of the best experiences of their life". Some have returned to Costa Rica for summer internships in the renewable energy sector. Others applied their experiences to succeed in internships and jobs in the United States at leading companies such as General Electric, Bechtel, the USDA, EPA, USPTO and more.

    To give you a better idea of our initiative, please view our program video at www.thegreenprogram.com and our Program Package.

    If you are interested in attending one of our upcoming programs, please submit your application at your earliest convenience since spots are filling up quickly! Once you are accepted, a personal representative will be happy to guide you through the registration steps and answer any questions you may have.

    Program Dates:

    12-Day WINTER BREAK Programs at $2950

    December 12th - December 23rd

    December 27th - January 7th (Program Full!)

    January 3rd - January 14th (Program Full!)

    -----------------

    9-Day SPRING BREAK Programs at $2450

    March 2nd - March 10th

    March 9th - March 17th

    March 16th - March 24th

    March 23rd - March 31st

    *****2013 SUMMER Programs Opening Soon*****

    We look forward to traveling with you!

    The GREEN Team

    Brady Halligan
    Global Renewable Energy Education Network
    Director of University Outreach & Alumni Relations
    215.796.7860 | www.thegreenprogram.com
    "An Educational Breakthrough in a Costa Rican Paradise"