Fwd: SRP's Solar Summit for K-6 grade teachers in Sept & 7-12 grade teachers in Dec

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 6:49 PM

    From: Smith Alison W <Alison.Smith@...>
    Date: August 30, 2011 11:07:12 AM PDT
    To: Mansel Adelbert Nelson <Mansel.Nelson@...>
    Subject: RE: SRP's Solar Summit for K-6 grade teachers in Sept & 7-12 grade teachers in Dec

    Hi Man,

    I am so happy to connect with you. Thank you for contacting me!

    For teachers to be able to attend the Solar Summit, they must be in our service or impact areas which means Maricopa, Pinal, Gila, and Yavapai counties as well as Page and St. John’s. If you know of people in those areas whom you could send this to, I’d be very appreciative!

    If you fill out an application, we will try to get you and GrayLynn into the Summit. However, we give precedence to classroom teachers. We would let you know whether or not we have room by the end of the week.

    If you have any other questions, please let me know!

    Best,

    Alison

    Alison Smith

    education representative ● Community Outreach

    alison.smith@...

    (w) (602) 236-2798

    (c) (602) 390-1367

    From: Ellie Warder <warder@...>
    Date: August 29, 2011 4:36:14 PM PDT
    To: <UA-ANNOUNCE@...>

    NOTE -> If interested or for application materials, do NOT reply; instead
    contact:
    Alison Smith
    education representative, Community Outreach
    alison.smith@...
    (602) 236-2798

    NEW! SRP's Solar Summit
    SRP is partnering with the Center for Teacher Success to host a unique
    professional development experience for teachers whose schools are
    participating in EarthWise Community Solar or Solar for Schools programs. SRP's
    Solar Summit will help teachers better understand solar energy so they feel
    equipped to teach about the technology. The Solar Summit is designed to help
    teams of professionals become teacher leaders within your school/district.
    Teams that attend should be prepared to share information with their
    school/district and have the desire to make teaching about solar energy a
    priority for the coming school year. Educators who attend will receive
    continuing education units (CEUs), materials and resources, as well as a $350
    grant to purchase materials to teach about solar energy.

    Summit Dates:
    September 9th-10th - SRP's Solar Summit for K-6th grade teachers
    December 9th-10th - SRP's Solar Summit for 7th-12th grade teachers
    *Substitute-reimbursement is available as well as a $100 stipend for each
    participant.

    Who should Register?
    Educators should register as teams of up to three people (could include
    district- or school-level professionals). Individuals may register but will be
    put on a waiting list.

    You currently are subscribed to the UA-ANNOUNCE listserv for science teachers. If you no longer wish to receive these announcements, send your request to be removed from the list to <warder@...>.