Fwd: Asthma Forum in Washington DC

  • Mansel Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2011

    All,

    We want to develop partnerships with some of you to work on IAQ issues, including asthma.

    Below and attached is information about the National Asthma Forum.  We have funding for a couple of tribal staff or educators to attend the forum along with the ITEP staff.

    After the forum we would like to continue to partner with you to address IAQ and IAQ Asthma in your community, tribe and region.

    We have a short deadline to get everything planned, so if you are interested, please complete the attached registration quickly and send to ITEP via email or fax.

    If you have questions, please contact me.

    Thanks

    man

    Indoor Air Quality for Tribal Communities

    Notice for:

    2011 Communities in Action National Asthma Forum

    June 9 to 10, 2011

    Washington DC

    Symposium Description:  Participants will learn about the Communities in Action National Asthma Forum, which is dedicated to helping asthma care leaders learn the latest strategies and best practices in delivering high quality asthma care.

    The Symposium will bring together hundreds of providers, health plans, health departments, community asthma coalitions, researchers, policy makers, and other leaders to discuss the most effective community-based strategies for improving asthma program outcomes. Throughout the two-day symposium, sessions will address multiple aspects of creating effective asthma interventions and collaborations within the community.

    The National Asthma Forum provides attendees the opportunity to discover best practices, explore the latest science, hear from leading asthma care programs, and develop leadership and successful action plans.

    See attached for more information.

    man

    --

    Mansel A. Nelson

    "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
    children."  Native American Proverb