Fwd: Shiprock UREO Elementary Workshop - 19 January

  • mansel52001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2002
      >Uranium and Radiation Education Outreach (UREO)
      >Northern Arizona Univeristy (NAU)
      >Insitute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP)
      >Environmental Education Outreach Program (EEOP)
      >The Uranium and Radiation Education Outreach (UREO) in Navajo Nation
      is an
      >educational and public program implemented by the Environmental
      >Outreach Program (EEOP) at Northern Arizona University (NAU) and the
      >Education Program (UEP) at Dine' College (DC). The goal of UREO is
      >increase awareness of uranium and radiation health and environmental
      >for students and community members living in communities that are
      impacted by
      >uranium mining activities on the Navajo Nation. Teachers will learn
      how to
      >assist their students in investigating and understanding an important
      >community environmental issue.
      >The UREO Workshop provide
      >(1)Resource Trunks: Trunks supplied with classroom supplies and
      curriculum to
      >implement uranium education will be available to teachers who
      participated in
      >the UREO regional workshops. The resource trunk will be loaned to
      UREO teacher
      >participants from the EEOP office for one month. (2)Geiger Counters
      >(3)Professional development hours (4) Uranium and radiation
      curriculum upon
      >completion. (5) High School Educators accepted on space available
      >UREO Workshop Registration Form
      >Shiprock UREO Elementary Regional Workshop
      >Mesa Elementary School
      >Saturday, January 19, 2002
      >Shiprock, New Mexico
      >Please provide the following information when registering.
      >PHONE:(Area Code)
      >FAX:(Area Code)
      >Please contact Frederick Sherman.
      >Frederick Sherman
      >UREO Project Leader
      >PO Box 5765
      >Flagstaff, Arizona 86011
      >Phone: (928) 523-8864
      >Fax: (928) 523-1280
      >Email: fms2@d...
      >UREO Web Site: http://www.nau.edu/eeop/ureo
      >"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from
      >children." Native American Proverb.
      >Frederick Sherman,
      >Project Leader,
      >Uranium and Radiation Education Outreach (UREO),
      >Environmental Education Outreach Program,
      >Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals,
      >Northern Arizona University

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator Voice 520 523 1275 /
      Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals mansel.nelson@n...
      PO Box 5765
      Northern Arizona University Hanley Hall
      Flagstaff, AZ 86011 Bldg 7, Room 111

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
      children." Native American Proverb

      --- End forwarded message ---