Fwd: EYEPOD III Email Blast

  • Mansel A Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011
    Check it out!  This is a great program.

    man

    From: Jackie Menasco <Jackie.Menasco@...>
    Date: January 6, 2011 3:56:28 PM MST
    To: <CSTL@...>
    Subject: EYEPOD III Email Blast

    Greetings,
    I’m writing to share with you our FINAL opportunity to participate in the Examining the Environment through the Power of Data (EYEPOD) NSF ITEST program which runs from June 6-10, 2011 at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona.

    The Examining Your Environment through the Power Of Data (EYE-POD) project provides teachers with the means to implement interdisciplinary, technology-integrated, project-based learning modules with an Earth science focus in their classrooms. Students learn science and math concepts as they collect and analyze data in an attempt to solve a problem and communicate solutions through the use of geographic information systems (GIS) software.

    A team of one secondary Career and Technical Education teacher and one Science or Math teacher; or pair of Science or Math teachers from the same school must apply together. Upon completion, participants will receive:

    •             $1000 stipend

    •             Some travel assistance to scenic Flagstaff, Arizona

    •             Tuition assistance for optional graduate credit

    •             Professional development certificate hours

    •             ArcGIS desktop software site licenses and books for their schools ($6500 value)

    •             Mobile data collection devices and resource materials for their schools ($3300 value)

    •             5 days of exciting and engaging onsite professional learning experiences with continuing academic year online support

    •             Invitation to participate in an optional advanced Power of Data institute June 20-24, 2011 or July 18-22, 2011 (additional stipends offered)

    The online application and more information is posted on our website at: http://www4.nau.edu/cstl/ProfessionalDevelopment_ProfessionalLearningOpps.asp?Menu=ProfessionalDevelopment&SubMenu=ProfessionalLearningOpportunities

    The application is an interactive PDF which can be completed and saved. When you have finished the application, please email it as an attachment to lori.hare@.... The application deadline is April 29, 2011. Applicants will be notified of their application status by May 6, 2011.

    Feel free to pass this opportunity along to colleagues and contact me if you have any questions.

    Lori

    Lori Ann Rubino-Hare

    Professional Development Coordinator

    Northern Arizona University

    Center for Science Teaching and Learning

    PO Box 5697

    115 West Ellery Street, CHEM Building 20, Room 105

    Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5697

    928-523-6008/928-523-7953 Fax

    http://www4.nau.edu/cstl/