Internship available with Grand Canyon Trust (fwd)
- If any of you know someone who may be interested in this opportunity,
please pass it along.
GRAND CANYON TRUST SEEKS INTERN
Job Title: Program Intern, Sustainable Economic Development, Native
Location: 2601 N. Fort Valley Road, Flagstaff, AZ
Position: 20-30 hours per week
Wage: $10.00 an hour
Supervisor: Tony Skrelunas
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Contact Person: Kelly A. Janecek, Program Manager, (928) 774-7488
FAX (928) 774-7570, email: janecek@...
The Trust's Native American Program currently focuses on researching and
developing potential economic development projects that are environmentally
sustainable and culturally appropriate for implementation by the Hopi and
Navajo governments, communities, or individuals. The Program Intern will
help implement the Native American Program by assisting the Director and
participating as a member of the Native American Program Team.
The Program Intern will:
* Research and write reports related to potential sustainable economic
* Work with the Hopi Tribe, Villages, and Western Navajo Nation Agency
communities and other local organizations as requested by the Director.
* Help develop and implement an outreach plan for representatives of
tribal governments, communities, and organizations to 1) Solicit their
ideas and thoughts about potential projects and, 2) Provide them with
information about potential projects developed by the Trust and other
* Assist the Trust and partnering organizations to influence policies
at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels so they support economic
development projects that are sustainable and culturally appropriate.
* Work with the Trust's development team to raise funds for Native
American Program projects and initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned by the Native American Program Director
* Self-directed graduate level student with advanced knowledge of
economic development approaches, research experience, proficiency with
common word processing software, excellent verbal and written
communications and presentation skills, effective interpersonal skills.
* Familiarity with Hopi governmental organization, Village relationship
building, and unique culture.
* An interest in environmental issues and sustainable economic
Todd Barnell, Research Specialist
Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
928-523-3840 (phone) 928-523-1266 (fax)
*Tribal Environmental Resource Center
*Environmental Compliance Training Program
"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide
awake and a basic understanding of how the world works."