[Fwd: FW: National Tribal School Integrated Pest Management Training]

  • Mansel Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010

      Please share this training announcement broadly.  Many thanks.

      Greetings!  We are pleased to have the opportunity to conduct a National Tribal School Integrated Pest Management Training in the Phoenix, AZ area on July 20 – 21, 2010.  Arizona participants can receive  6 Office of Pest Management CEUs and 6 Arizona Department of Agriculture CEUs.

      We have reserved a block of rooms under the name Tribal School IPM (market code: TRIBA) at the Grace Inn,
      10831 South 51st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85044-1700, 800-843-6010 or 480-893-3000.  Room rates are $55.00 per night plus tax.  This includes a hot breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant. The room block will be released on June 19th and the rate is not guaranteed after this date. Please make your reservations now.

      At this time all participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses, however if travel scholarships become available in the future all registered participants will be notified how to apply.

      There is no cost to register for this training and space is limited, so please register now at
      http://www.ncipmc.org/training/.

      Day 1:  Classroom instruction from nationally recognized experts in structural and school IPM plus several Tribal representatives  who are conducting school IPM on their reservations.

      Day 2:  “School crawl through” to allow participants experience school IPM in a real world setting.  The school crawl through will be hosted on the Salt River Pima Maricopa Reservation.

      This is a collaborative effort involving numerous groups and organizations.  We want to extend a special thanks to the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona and the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community for hosting the training in the Arizona.

      If you have questions about this training, you may contact Susan Ratcliffe, Director of the North Central Integrated Pest Management Center by phone at 217-333-9656 or via email at
      ipm@....

      Training topics:

      The Why and How of School IPM - Lame
      Pest Management in Tribal Schools - Lame & Gouge
      Ectoparasite IPM (ticks, bed bugs and lice) - Gouge
      Rodent IPM - Lame & Gouge
      Turf and Landscape IPM - Foss
      School District IPM Program Development - Jochim & Zubiate
      On-Site School Crawlthrough & Priority Setting Exercise - Attendees
      Coalition Development and Benefits - Attendees

      Funding is provided by United States Environmental Protection Agency.

      --
      Susan Ratcliffe, Ph.D.
      Director, North Central IPM Center

      --

      Mansel A. Nelson

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
      children."  Native American Proverb