Fwd: BIO 199: Field Education in Climate Change

  • Mansel Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2010

    Mansel A Nelson
    Environmental Education Outreach Program
    928 523 1275

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Amy Vaughn Whipple <Amy.Whipple@...>
    Date: April 29, 2010 2:31:03 PM MST
    To: Mansel Adelbert Nelson <Mansel.Nelson@...>
    Subject: BIO 199: Field Education in Climate Change

    Hi Mansel,

    Kris Haskins (Arboretum) and I are offering a class this summer
    (TRIF-funded) called BIO 199: Field Education in Climate Change.

    It is meant to be an accessible introduction to field science for early
    career or potential scientists, educators(K-12 teachers or those in
    school), or non-scientists. It is 3 credits and meets in June: one week
    online, one week in person at the field station, and a final week
    online. Tuition would have to be paid, but the students who apply and
    are accepted will be able to earn ~$1000 in stipend payments to recoup
    tuition. Cost for the stay and the station will be covered.

    Can you think of students or teachers who would benefit form the class?

    Website: http://www.mpcer.nau.edu/mprs/bio199.html

    Flyer attached and interested people can contact Michelle (listed on the
    flyer) or they can contact me directly.
    Thanks,
    Amy