FW: 2010 Centennial Forest Summer Camps

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2010
      Subject: 2010 Centennial Forest Summer Camps

      As the snow melts in the high country and wildflowers bloom in the desert.....

      I am proud to announce registration has opened for the 2010 Centennial Forest Environmental Education Programs. These programs include the Junior Forester Academy, Senior Forester Academy, Outdoor Leadership Academy, and new this year the Climate Change Challenge; Challenging campers 15 years old and up to become field experts on climate change. Building wind turbines, trading carbon credits, and learning new computer skills are just a few of the exciting activities campers will experience while designing their very own solution to this global issue.
      Our programs provide an academically-based, week-long, overnight camp adventure for kids ages 9-16. The overall goal of our programs is to "nurture the love of nature" in youth and get them out and exploring the beautiful ponderosa pine forests that surround Flagstaff, Arizona.

      To learn more about our summer camp programs, please see the attached description, visit our web site at: nau.edu/CFcamps<http://www.for.nau.edu/CentennialForest/content/view/549/759> or call me at (928) 523-6727.

      As always, we have many generous sponsors that have provided funds to support scholarships for families that need a little financial help to make our camp a reality for their kids this summer. If you would like to make a donation to our scholarship fund, please contact me at the number below.

      Camp is filling fast, so make sure to get your application in TODAY!

      Have a great spring!

      Cheryl Miller
      Northern Arizona University Centennial Forest<http://www.for.nau.edu/centennialforest>
      School of Forestry, Box 15018