- Mansel A Nelson Environmental Education Outreach Program 928 523 1275Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2009View Source
Mansel A NelsonEnvironmental Education Outreach Program928 523 1275
Begin forwarded message:
Student Conservation Association presents the Green Your School Contest. The Contest is a national competition to stimulate and/or identify conservation service projects designed by high school students that improve, restore, beautify, or conserve their high school environment. There will be one Grand Prize of $5,000 and two runner-up prizes of $2,500 each. Prizes will be awarded directly to high schools and not to individuals. For more information and contest rules, visit www.thesca.org/green-your-school.
Here are some more facts about the contest:
Green Your School Fast Facts
- SCA is conducting a national Green Your School Contest
- The Contest is supported with a grant from the NBC Universal Foundation
- The Contest is awarding prizes for conservation service projects designed by high school students from diverse backgrounds that improve or restore or beautify or conserve their school environment
- Entries may include projects that are underway or in development
- Prizes will be awarded to winning high schools and include one grand prize of $5,000 and two first prizes of $2,500
- The contest will be pre-screened by SCA staff volunteered and judged by an outside panel of experts
- The contest timeline is: 12:00 a.m. EST, April 1, 2009 to 11:59 p.m EST, October 9, 2009
- Announcements of winners and awards will be made in mid-November 2009
- The Contest will be featured on www.thesca.org/green-your-school.
- www.thesca.org/green-your-school will provide guidance and advice to Contest entrants during the Contest and a Green Your School Toolkit when the Contest is over
- The Contest operates within official rules established by SCA and eprize, a Contest consulting company
- A committee of SCA staff is in place to oversee the Contest. The committee is headed by Mary Margaret Sloan and includes Toni Apgar, Sandra Deacon, Laura Herrin and Richard Wizansky. These folks are happy to answer your questions about the Contest.
Again, thanks for your time and assistance,
Green Your School Contest Intern
SCA National Office
689 River Road/P.O. Box 550
Charlestown, NH 03603
P: 603.543.1700 ext. 289