[Fwd: Job Opening with Earth Care International's Youth Allies for Sustianability Program]

  • Mansel Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2009

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Job Opening with Earth Care International's Youth Allies for Sustianability Program
      Date:Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:57:47 -0700
      From:Jason Espinoza <jason@...>
      To:ecoed@... <ecoed@...>

      Job Posting: Youth Allies Coordinator

      Program Description: Earth Care International was founded in 2001 to educate and empower teenagers to create a thriving, just, and sustainable world. We provide both school and community-based educational programming. Youth Allies Leadership for Sustainability is a multi-level civic engagement, leadership, and community organizing program providing opportunities for young people to discover their voices, act on their convictions for a more just and sustainable world, and realize their full potential as individuals, community members, and stewards of the earth.

      Job Duties: Work with local partner organizations to coordinate logistics for monthly service-learning projects weeks, Work with youth leaders to host monthly Network meetings with youth groups from across the state, Provide logistical support for youth-led projects, Maintain the Leadership Opportunity Database and program Website, Coordinate community volunteers, Coordinate program events, Conduct educational outreach for the program at community events and schools, Maintain participant management systems, Provide administrative assistance for all aspects of the program, Contribute to program design and evaluation, Serve as a trainer for service-learning project days and workshops

      Qualifications: Experience working with youth, experiential education, outreach, sustainability and diversity education. Must have proven skills in project management and be able to operate independently and follow through on assigned tasks. Must be culturally competent and responsible, as well as have the ability to build trust and rapport with youth and work in collaboration with other agencies/organizations. Training/supervision will be provided.

      Pay Scale:

      This is an AmeriCorps/VISTA position, you must apply through VISTA

      Job Hours:

      Full-time; must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends

      Contact Person:

      Bianca Sopoci-Belknap
      Youth Allies Director, Earth Care International
      Bianca@...
      505-983-6896
      Fax 505-983-2622

      Closing Date:

      July 10, 2009

      Information on AmeriCorps/VISTA Program:

      http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/choose/vista.asp

      To apply:

      http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/ready/index.asp

      --

      Mansel A. Nelson

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
      children."  Native American Proverb