Fwd: New CDC environmental health internship for EHAC schools

  • Mansel Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009

      Sent from my iPod

      Mansel A Nelson
      EEOP

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Stephen D. Arnold" <sarnold@...>
      Date: February 26, 2009 3:20:06 PM GMT-07:00
      To: "nmsu_es-l@..." <nmsu_es-l@...>
      Subject: New CDC environmental health internship for EHAC schools

      Dear Professor Arnold,

      The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is hosting a Summer Undergraduate Program in Environmental Health. This program is a 10-week summer internship for undergraduate students majoring in Environmental Health from an accredited EHAC school. Interns will participate in activities with the Environmental Health Services Branch of CDC’s <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />National Center for Environmental Health.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

      We would appreciate it if you would pass on the information below to all qualified sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are looking for summer internship opportunities. We are looking for students who excel academically, are passionate about environmental health, and who demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in this field. You may visit our website http ://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/supeh/ if you have questions, or you may contact me personally through this email address. We hope to enlist your help in order to receive the most qualified candidates from across the United States for this environmental health opportunity.

      Below you will find a short description of the internship that you may pass on to your students and colleagues.

      Thank you for your time,

      LTJG Cory Moore, USPHS

      Environmental Health Officer

      Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

      National Center for Environmental Health/ Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR)

      SUPEH Internship

      4770 Buford Hwy NE, MS F-61

      Atlanta, Ga 30319

      770-488-0593

      EHinternship@...

      Summer Undergraduate Program in Environmental Health

      CDC invites qualified applicants to apply for a ten week summer program in Environmental Public Health at the National Center for Environmental Health /Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a full time summer opportunity for rising collegiate juniors and seniors to get real-world experience in Environmental Public Health activities at the federal level. Students will participate in individual projects and will be paired with mentors in order to gain valuable experience in the fascinating field of Environmental Public Health. Students that are majoring in environmental health at accredited EHAC schools are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/supeh/to learn more about the internship. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.

      Questions? Please email Cory Moore at EHinternship@... .

      Stipend: $500 per week
      Deadline for application: Friday, March 20, 2009
      Program dates: Monday, June 8 – Friday, August 14, 2009