FW: field test educators needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2008
      From: Welch, Colleen E., DGF [colleen.welch@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 1:52 PM
      To: ecoed@...
      Subject: field test educators needed

      Subject: [pwlist] Early Childhood Field Test Educators Needed - Teachers of Children Ages 3-7
      Field Test Educators Needed—Teachers and Caregivers of Children Ages 3-7

      The Council for Environmental Education is seeking early childhood educators of children ages 3-7 to field test activities to be included in a new early childhood curriculum for its Project WILD program. Having reached the milestone of training 1,000,000 educators in 2006, Project WILD is one of the most successful and widely-used conservation and environmental education programs among educators of students in kindergarten through high school. The new curriculum will allow us to expand our reach and more directly address the needs of early childhood educators.
      The new curriculum guide will serve as the cornerstone for a national early childhood initiative that builds literacy skills and environmental appreciation among early learners through participation in engaging wildlife-based educational activities. The curriculum will feature activities that provide opportunities for children to directly observe wildlife in the classroom and in nature, engage in games that simulate natural processes, role play in the guise of many animals, consider how their actions impact the environment, practice early math and literacy skills while learning about wildlife and the natural world, and so much more designed to help connect young learners to nature.
      Field Test participants will be offered a stipend and will receive a complimentary copy of the new early childhood curriculum after it is printed. Participants will also be acknowledged by name in the new publication.
      Field testing will begin in November and will continue into February 2009. We will accept applications on an as needed basis through early January 2009. Spaces are limited, so if you know you want to participate, don’t delay in expressing interest. For more information or to receive an application, please contact Jennifer Paschke by email at jenniferpcee@...<mailto:jenniferpcee@...>.
      We are really excited about adding an early childhood curriculum to our Project WILD program offerings and want to test activities with early childhood educators representing the wide range of young learners we hope to reach with this publication.
      Jen Paschke
      Jennifer Paschke
      Senior Manager, Publications
      Council for Environmental Education
      5555 Morningside Drive, Suite 212
      Houston, TX 77005
      713-520-8008 fax

      This inbound email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

      Colleen Welch
      Project WILD/Aquatic Resources Education
      NM Department of Game and Fish
      PO Box 25112
      Santa Fe, NM 87504
      (505) 476-8119; fax (505) 476-8116

      Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.