Teachers - Grants and Awards from National Environmental Education Foundation

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      From: Karen Heys [heys@...]
      Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 1:02 PM
      To: Julie Blake Gidley
      Subject: Grants and Awards from National Environmental Education
      Foundation

      National Environmental Education Foundation Logo

      Award Program and Grants for Educators

      Nominations and Applications are being accepted now!

      Would you like to increase the environmental content in your courses?
      Apply Today!

      Do you know an inspirational science or environmental education teacher
      who deserves recognition?

      Nominations are being accepted now for the second annual Bartlett Award!

      http://www.neefusa.org

      info@...
      (202) 833-2933

      Student-Teacher

      Dear Educator:

      What would you do with $1,600? $5,000? $10,000?

      The National Environmental Education Foundation is excited about our new
      Classroom Earth Grants and the Second Annual Bartlett Award program.

      Nominations and Applications are currently being accepted.

      We have included information on both the grants and the award program for
      you below. We look forward to hearing from you.

      Richard Bartlett2008 Bartlett Award

      Do you know an outstanding educator who has successfully integrated
      environmental education into a daily education program?

      The Richard C. Bartlett Award for environmental education will be given to
      a teacher who is creative, passionate, and effective and who can serve as an
      inspiration and model for other educators.

      A $5,000 cash award will be provided to this outstanding teacher.

      Deadline for nominations is June 30, 2008.

      Nominate a teacher today!

      High School Environmental Education Challenge Grants

      Grant money is available through Classroom Earth to high school teachers
      to encourage the inclusion of environmental education into all high school
      subjects - from chemistry to art - and make it easier for teachers to access
      best practices online.

      The Challenge Grants, for up to $10,000, will support teachers and schools
      who want to:

      * integrate more environmental education into their high school
      curriculum,
      * expand their course curriculum to include more environmental themes,
      and
      * develop their professional capacity to incorporate more
      environmental education into their teaching.

      New to environmental education? Our professional development grants will
      provide funding for continuing education up to $1,600.
      The Professional Development Grants will be awarded to support teachers
      new to the field of environmental education. NEEF in partnership with the
      University of Wisconsin's Stevens Point Environmental Education and Training
      Partnership (EETAP), will offer professional development grants of $1,600 for
      two on-line courses offered by the University.
      Applications are being accepted now.

      For more information visit the Classroom Earth webpage, or NEEF's website.
      Forward email
      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to jgidley@..., by heys@...
      Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |
      Privacy Policy.

      Email Marketing by
      National Environmental Education Foundation | 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW
      | Suite 160 | Washington | DC | 20008

      Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
      Learn more.

      Yahoo! Groups
      Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
      Traditional
      Visit Your Group
      Search Ads

      Get new customers.

      List your web site

      in Yahoo! Search.
      Moderator Central

      Get answers to

      your questions about

      running Y! Groups.
      Special K Group

      on Yahoo! Groups

      Learn how others

      are losing pounds.
      .

[...]

      http://www.windowsvista.com/SP1?WT.mc_id=hotmailvistasp1banner

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Peterson Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb