FWD: Joke Signals Comedy Show News Advisory

      >===== Original Message From "Twa-le Abrahamson" <shawlyouth@...> =====
      ------=_Part_546_29472215.1208765630932

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Gabriel Yaiva <yaiva@...>
      Date: Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:47 AM
      Subject: Joke Signals Comedy Show News Advisory
      To: YAIVA <yaiva@...>

      News Advisory

      Release Date: April 13, 2008
      Contact: Kelvin Long 928.600.4515 or Gabriel Yaiva 928.699.9601

      Activism and Laughter, Powwow Comedy Jam comes to Albuquerque, NM
      an evening of comedy, music and charismatic speakers an introduction of
      national network Scheduled for Friday April 25,

      Albuquerque, NM - On April 25, 2008 ECHOES and Native Movements – Peace and
      Balance will host an evening of comic relief by the powwow comedy jam. The
      event that will announce "The Native Renaissance" a national network of
      young native leaders that are engaging in the future of sustainable
      development for their communities, representing indigenous territories
      throughout the United States, Canada an Alaska. Tickets can be purchased
      online at www.nativeworldnetwork.com or day of the show at the El Rey Box
      Office.

      The Native Renaissance Network is dealing with the impacts of historical
      traumas that have effected indigenous communities in north America, the
      Network is comprised of young native leaders under 40, who are engaged in
      entrepreneurship, activism, education and entertainment that challenge the
      contemporary and mainstream corporate ideas of success an unsustainable
      social capitalism. Nations Represented so far are the Navajo, Hopi, Pomo,
      Gwich'in, Inupiaq, Tohono O'odham, Muskogee creek, Cree, Ojibwa, Lummi,
      Spokane, Coeur d' Alene, Colville, Secwepmc, Okanagan, and Lakota.

      "This network is critical an will impact all people who value and understand
      the need to maintain and protect our indigenous culture and heritage." Said
      Kelvin Long, Executive Director, ECHOES.

      "There are numerous unsustainable resource and economic development
      practices that have caused an imbalance in our peoples and our lands." Said
      Twa-le Abrahamson Youth Coordinator, and cofounder of S.H.A.W.L. Sovereignty
      Health Air Water and Land. "The efforts to protect our homelands is also
      directly connected to our efforts to bring economic justice to our
      communities. We as indigenous people in the United States of America simply
      desire to have an equal opportunity of Respect." Added Abrahamson.

      "It is our responsibility to be the care takers of this land to provide and
      protect, we continue our oral and ceremonial teachings that have been given
      by our ancestors." Said Gabriel Yaiva, Director of the Native Movements –
      Peace and Balance Project. "Unlike current western economic systems we have
      a system that has been tested true for thousands of years that has lead to
      our successful and balanced relationship with each other and our
      environment." Added Yaiva who also owns 4th world entertainment is a
      successful native entrepreneur.

      Albuquerque, NM Events:
      What: Comedy Show and official announcement of the Native Renaissance
      Network..
      When: Friday, April 25th 8:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
      Who: Powwow Comedy Jam, N8V (acoustic rock), DJ KISS and hosted by Yaiva,
      community members, Native American leaders, representatives from regional
      tribes, environmental groups and supporters of sacred sites protection,
      environmental justice, cultural survival and successful regional youth
      initiatives. Sponsors include: Peace & Balance/Native Movement, ECHOES,
      Grand Canyon Trust, Sierra Club, Native Girls Clothing, Tloh Kin, Lonely
      Records, Native Vibes TV and Outta Your Backpack Media.
      Where: EL REY Theater 620 Central Ave. SW Albuquerque, NM

      About the Native Movement Collective:
      Based out of Flagstaff, Arizona, Native Movement was formed in 2004 with the
      vision of " Young leaders motivating the world's peoples toward balanced
      relations with each other and mother earth." For more information visit
      these sites. http://www.nativemovement.org - http://www.echoesworld.org -
      http://www.nativeworldnetwork.com

      ------=_Part_546_29472215.1208765630932

      class="gmail_sendername">Gabriel Yaiva</b> <<a
      href="mailto:yaiva@...">yaiva@...</a>><br>Date: Tue, Apr 15, 2008
      at 3:47 AM<br>
      Subject: Joke Signals Comedy Show News Advisory<br>To: YAIVA <<a
      Kelvin Long <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px
      dashed">928.600.4515</span> or Gabriel Yaiva <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM:
      rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">928.699.9601</span><br>
      style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Albuquerque, NM</span><br>an
      evening of comedy, music and charismatic speakers an introduction of national
      network Scheduled for Friday April 25, <br>
      NM</span> - On April 25, 2008 ECHOES and Native Movements – Peace and Balance
      will host an evening of comic relief by the powwow comedy jam. The event that
      will announce "The Native Renaissance" a national network of young native
      leaders that are engaging in the future of sustainable development for their
      communities, representing indigenous territories throughout the United States,
      style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Alaska</span>. Tickets can be
      purchased online at <a href="http://www.nativeworldnetwork.com/"
      at the El Rey Box Office. <br>
      traumas that have effected indigenous communities in north America, the
      Network is comprised of young native leaders under 40, who are engaged in
      entrepreneurship, activism, education and entertainment that challenge the
      contemporary and mainstream corporate ideas of success an unsustainable social
      capitalism. Nations Represented so far are the Navajo, Hopi, Pomo, Gwich'in,
      Inupiaq, Tohono O'odham, Muskogee creek, Cree, Ojibwa, Lummi, <span
      style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Spokane</span>, Coeur d'
      Alene, Colville, Secwepmc, Okanagan, and Lakota.<br>
      understand the need to maintain and protect our indigenous culture and
      heritage." Said Kelvin Long, Executive Director, ECHOES.<br><br>"There are
      numerous unsustainable resource and economic development practices that have
      caused an imbalance in our peoples and our lands." Said Twa-le Abrahamson
      Youth Coordinator, and cofounder of S.H.A.W.L. Sovereignty Health Air Water
      and Land. "The efforts to protect our homelands is also directly connected to
      our efforts to bring economic justice to our communities. We as indigenous
      people in the United States of America simply desire to have an equal
      opportunity of Respect." Added Abrahamson. <br>
      and protect, we continue our oral and ceremonial teachings that have been
      given by our ancestors." Said Gabriel Yaiva, Director of the Native Movements
      – Peace and Balance Project. "Unlike current western economic systems we have
      a system that has been tested true for thousands of years that has lead to our
      successful and balanced relationship with each other and our environment."
      Added Yaiva who also owns 4th world entertainment is a successful native
      entrepreneur. <br>
      style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Albuquerque, NM</span>
      Events:</span><br>What: Comedy Show and official announcement of the Native
      Renaissance Network..<br>
      When: Friday, April 25th 8:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.<br>Who: Powwow Comedy Jam, N8V
      (acoustic rock), DJ KISS and hosted by Yaiva, community members, Native
      American leaders, representatives from regional tribes, environmental groups
      and supporters of sacred sites protection, environmental justice, cultural
      survival and successful regional youth initiatives. Sponsors include: Peace &
      Balance/Native Movement, ECHOES, Grand Canyon Trust, <span
      style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Sierra Club</span>, Native
      Girls Clothing, Tloh Kin, Lonely Records, Native Vibes TV and Outta Your
      Backpack Media. <br>
      Where: EL REY Theater <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,102,204) 1px
      Movement Collective: <br>Based out of <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM:
      rgb(0,102,204) 1px dashed">Flagstaff, Arizona</span>, Native Movement was
      information visit these sites. <a href="http://www.nativemovement.org/"
      href="http://www.echoesworld.org/"
      href="http://www.nativeworldnetwork.com/"

      ------=_Part_546_29472215.1208765630932--

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Peterson Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb