FWD: Space Available! Photo Journey Study Tour and Workshop

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2008
      >===== Original Message From Erin Morris - AFRE <erin.morris@...> =====
      There are still spaces available in AFRE’s FREE
      AZventure Special Event:

      Photo Journey
      April 12, 19, and 26, 2008

      Presented by AFRE and the Arizona K-12 Center
      21 Instructional Hours

      Day 1 (April 12):
      We will depart Phoenix for the Vulture Mine near Wickenberg. This site is
      alive with both human and natural history, offering wonderful opportunities
      for taking unique photographs as you explore the remnants of a mining
      operation that simply became frozen in time. The area abounds with geology,
      old buildings that give hints into the amazing stories they might tell, and
      exquisite views of the Sonoran Desert. Following a guided tour and lunch,
      you will be able to focus some individual attention on both the content and
      pictures you would like to take back to your classroom. Digital cameras
      will be available for those who do not have one of their own.

      Day 2 (April 19):
      We will meet in a central Phoenix classroom setting where experts in
      educational technology will teach the latest classroom technologies:
      PowerPoint, podcasting, classroom websites, and others. With our experts
      guidance, you will learn how to create an exciting, new product for your
      classroom. Loaner laptops will be available for every participant.

      Day 3 (April 26):
      We will meet in a central Phoenix classroom setting where you will combine
      your photos from Day 1 and your knowledge and skills learned on Day 2 to
      create a product that is uniquely yours! During the afternoon, you will
      participate in a showcase of products and learn how to critique
      technological products for their instructional quality.

      Online registration for this event can be found at www.afre.org. Please feel
      free to call AFRE at 602-266-4417 if you have
      any additional questions.

      Arizona Foundation for Resource Education (AFRE)
      141 East Palm Lane, Ste 100
      Phoenix, AZ 85004
      (602) 266-4417
      www.afre.org

      This message was sent by: AFRE, 141 East Palm Lane, Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ
      85353