FWD: Cornell sharing nature workshop at Lake Pleasant

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2007
      >===== Original Message From TyrrellFLG@... =====
      Cornell is the guru of nature activities for kids. His books have tons of
      great games for helping kids learn about/learn to love nature. They have
      about
      10 slots left for the Jan.12th workshop at Lake Pleasant. Sally Tyrrell,
      Trustee, Arizona Wildlife Foundation.
      Weekend with Joseph Cornell

      Facilitating Nature Experiences with Children on Friday, January 11, 2008 -
      6 pm to 9 pm at the Phoenix Zoo Pavilion, $10 at the door

      In this special evening seminar, Joseph Cornell addresses the growing trend
      of a generation of young people who are increasingly disconnected from
      nature. Cornell goes beyond recognizing the issue to giving us the tools,
      techniques, inspiration and guidance we need to encourage children's self
      directed
      discovery of the natural world. This seminar includes an introductory
      lecture, a
      one hour participatory activity session, and facilitation of small group
      discussions on ways to engage children in nature-centered outdoor experiences
      in
      our community.

      One-Day Workshop:"Sharing The Joy of Nature"

      When: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 9 am to 4 pm

      Where: The Desert Outdoor Center - $60 with boxed lunch

      In this full-day workshop, Cornell will introduce his pioneering teaching
      strategy, Flow Learning™. Based on the way people learn most naturally,
      this
      gentle but dynamic process allows leaders to reach children where they are,
      and
      bring them gradually into meaningful and moving experiences with nature.
      Joseph's personal warmth and knowledge creates an atmosphere forlearning that
      is
      contagious. Gain first-hand experience in using Joseph's Flow Learning™
      Activities to awaken enthusiasm for learning and sensitively guide others,
      step
      by step, to more profound and uplifting nature experiences. For directions or
      to RSVP, please call 602-372-7470 x200. (Limit 65 people)

      Rachel Edelstein
      Public Programs Manager

      The Arboretum at Flagstaff
      4001 South Woody Mountain Road
      Flagstaff, AZ 86001
      tel. (928) 774-1442, ext. 110
      fax (928) 774-1441
      www.thearb.org

      "The mission of The Arboretum at Flagstaff is to increase the understanding,
      appreciation, and conservation of plants and plant communities native to the
      Colorado Plateau."

      Mansel A. Nelson
      Program Coordinator (Environmental Educator) Voice 928 523 1275/1496
      Northern Arizona University Peterson Hall
      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Native American Proverb