3304Fwd: [ua-announce] Arizona Innovation Summit Sessions Announced
- Jul 23 7:17 PM
Mansel A NelsonProgram CoordinatorTribal Environmental Education Outreach928-523-1275
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Warder, Eleanor M - (warder)" <warder@...>
Date: July 23, 2014 at 8:56:07 AM MST
To: "gen_bio_program@..." <gen_bio_program@...>, "ua-announce@..." <ua-announce@...>, "sameck12@..." <sameck12@...>
Subject: [ua-announce] Arizona Innovation Summit Sessions Announced
Reply-To: "Warder, Eleanor M - (warder)" <warder@...>
If you have not already received this information, I wanted to be sure to keep you in the loop about this year’s Innovation Arizona Summit. With 20 diverse sessions and over 100 speakers spanning tracks of STEM, Entrepreneurship, Workforce, AZ SciTech Best Practices and Culture of Innovation (see below), we believe this is our strongest program yet! In addition, tables are filling up quick and anticipate dozens of interactive tables at this year’s Summit.
Attendance numbers are now over 250 in the first two weeks of registration. Don’t miss out!
If you have not already done so, register here.
Please feel free to pass this on to your collaborators that might be interested to attend.
- Hackschooling Makes Me Happy - When 14 year-old Logan LaPlante grows up, he wants to be happy & healthy. He discusses how hacking his education is helping him achieve his goals. Logan’s TEDx talk has garnered worldwide attention with over 5.75 million direct views, the 2nd most popular TEDx talk ever!
- Lifecycles of Innovation - Meet three Arizonans who exemplify this year's conference theme with their own lifecycle of innovation, from "Inspiration to Commercialization." This general session will feature the innovation community's leadership, and will inspire future leaders who will lead the next generation securing Arizona’s economic success.
- Arizona SciTech Festival Launch Session - Join us as we launch the 4th Annual AZ SciTech Festival and hear fellow collaborators share their interests and ambitions for this season.
- National STEM Enterprises - What is happening with science, technology, education and innovation on the national landscape? Join national leaders from Vex Robotics, Project Lead the Way and Intel to hear their unique perspectives.
- Arizona’s Got STEM Talent - This amazing group of students showcase their favorite science and technology in this first-ever student STEM talent show!
- Establishing a STEM Culture in Schools - How do we spark student excitement in STEM? Learn and connect with a diverse group of school leaders throughout Arizona who have unique insights by establishing a culture of STEM at their school.
- Open Mic: What’s Your Idea? - You've got 3 minutes to tell us about your company, explain your market, the pain points and then your solution. Four random presenters will be selected at the event to compete for $500.
- From Research to Commercialization - How does University innovation translate to commercial products? This panel will explore the phases of university research through technology transfer and commercialization.
- A Growing Tech Hub in Downtown Scottsdale – Recent locates and Industry leaders from Scottsdale’s technology firms will discuss some of the critical factors when determining where to startup or expand their company and why they Chose Scottsdale as their home.
- Secret to Winning the Arizona Innovation Challenge - What's the secret formula to winning this competitive program that awards the most money in the country? These Spring 2014 Winners will tell all.
- Inner / Outer Space: In Your Head & Out of This World – Explore how a brain surgeon plans treatments based on an innovative 3D models and then travel into nearspace in a suborbital space vehicle. Boldly go near and far as there's lot of space to learn and explore. (Trekkie nod)
- Internships Arizona - What is the real impact of a STEM-based internship? Hear from mentors and mentees about their diverse experiences.
- Manufacturing Month - From autonomous robots to precision manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, the landscape of manufacturing has evolved to a highly-skilled workforce. Join Arizona leaders as they discuss the new manufacturing landscape, producing superior products, and creating quality jobs.
AZ SCITECH BEST PRACTICES
- Innovating Festivals in Rural Arizona: Verde Valley SciTech Festival - Will enthusiasm and engagement be magnified when municipalities, schools, colleges, businesses and non-profits band together to host a week-long flashy STEM festival in small-town Verde Valley? This panel will explore how a group of determined partners came together to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in rural Arizona.
- Meet the Mentors: Festivals 101 - What does it take to engage in the Arizona SciTech Festival? From event planning and logistics to media and publicity, learn from our diverse team of Arizona SciTech collaborators in these interactive, roundtable discussions.
- Education, Entrepreneurship and Innovation – Connecting the Dots - Where do education, STEM and innovation connect? This group of entrepreneurs have innovated programs at this intersection and will share their stories.
- Small Business & Education Outreach - How can a small and medium sized business make an impact in local community? Learn from this diverse group of business leaders on how they make their mark.
CULTURE OF INNOVATION
- StartMakeBuildDo: It's Not Your Grandma’s Library - Lean Startup, 3D modeling, movie-making, tech meet-ups, DIY Days, crowdfunding support and more. Dive into the library of the present, and see how local libraries are providing high-tech and low-tech support for entrepreneurs and makers. How can we help you and your family innovate?
- Science & Storytelling - How do we share the excitement and wonder of scientific and technological exploration? Start with a good story. Panelists will discuss the power of storytelling to inspire and educate the public.
- Parents & Hackschooling - How can parents support their kids’ passion to innovate and hack their schooling? Join this diverse group of parent leaders to hear about potential options.
Jeremy Babendure, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Arizona SciTech Festival
Assistant Research Professor, Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, ASU and UA
C 480 250 7764 E: jeremyb@...