3188Summer Internship DEADLINE Friday
- Feb 18, 2014
Apply now for a 9-week summer internship.
Spend your summer working with tribal organizations to address tribal environmental issues, either technical or policy related. ITEP provides each student intern with a stipend, and limited housing and travel allowances.
Host sites were selected from tribal environmental organizations, government offices, the US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and others. Nine intern positions are focused on technical/educational issues and two intern positions are focused on policy issues. Descriptions of the host sites are found on the website.
Eligible students must meet the following:
• US Citizen
• Full-time undergraduate or graduate college student during Spring 2014 (12 hours undergrad, 9 hours grad)
• Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Majoring in an environmental or related field like science, engineering, planning, policy, law, management, political science, anthropology, health, etc.
• Have an interest in pursuing an environmental career upon graduating from college
• Possess proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Have a strong interest in working with Native American tribes or topics
To apply, submit an online application plus additional materials that are described on the website. You can also provide your preferences for the host sites you find interesting.
Deadline: February 21, 2014
Questions? Contact Mansel Nelson at Mansel.Nelson@... or 928-523-1275