3173Fwd: High-caliber opportunities for AI, AN, and NH students - WINS Program

    Feb 10, 2014

      From: Native American Student Services <NASSNatives@...>
      Date: February 10, 2014 at 2:51:08 PM MST
      To: <NASS-L@...>
      Subject: High-caliber opportunities for AI, AN, and NH students - WINS Program

      INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

      Visit InterProgramsinDC.com
      Friend Of Wins,

      American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian students are eligible for a competitive, all-expenses-paid scholarship from American University’s Washington Internships for Native Students (WINS). This is the perfect opportunity for future Native leaders to study Indian Country issues in depth, hone their leadership skills, and gain professional experience.

      WINS enables Native students to earn academic credit through coursework at American University while interning in the D.C. area — usually with a federal agency or Native advocacy organization. The program is designed for students who have completed at least the first semester of their sophomore year, graduate students, or candidates who are within six months of graduating. If selected, the scholarship covers tuition for six credits in the summer (9 to 12 credits in the fall or spring semesters), transportation to and from Washington, D.C., and other program expenses.

      WINS is the oldest and largest experiential program for Native students in the US, and American University remains committed to providing high-caliber opportunities to the future leaders of Indian Country. We are currently accepting applications for summer and fall 2014.

      To learn more,
      VISIT AMERICAN.EDU/SPEXS/WINS.

      4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW • Washington, DC 20016 • P 202-895-4900 • F 202-895-4960 • www.american.edu/spexs

      Click to view this email in a browser

      We received your contact info from the College Board Student Search Service, ACT's Educational Opportunity Service, or one of our research partners. You may Unsubscribe here: Unsubscribe

      American University
      4400 Massachusetts Avenue
      NW Washington, District of Columbia 20016
      US