3169Grants From Arizona Game & Fish

    Feb 7, 2014

      From: Dianne McKee <greenfrognews@...>
      Date: February 7, 2014 at 8:22:10 AM MST
      To: "environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com" <environmentaleducators@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [environmentaleducators] From Arizona Game & Fish - Contact Eric directly

      I have a few updates regarding some AZ Game and Fish opportunities. As usual, if you have any specific questions, please email me directly (eproctor@...) rather than replying to the email.

      ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR HERITAGE GRANTS

      We have opened up another set of our Heritage Grants. This is a one-time special opportunity. There are two different options for educators to receive money:

      • The first is our Environmental Education grants. For this one, we are really hoping to fund professional development opportunities, particularly ones that offered continued and sustained STEM training. It is highly advised that you work with us on ideas and plans prior to applying.
      • The second is for field trips. We do have specifications on where we want the field trips to occur and what they should look like to some degree, but it is a good opportunity to cover the travel-related expenses for outdoor experiences. And note, the grant do say that they must be used during 2014. However, they can be used during the entire 2014-15 school year, as well.

      Here is the link to the press release about the grants: http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Game-and-Fish-offers-additional-Heritage-Grants-award-opportunity.shtml. But hurry: the deadline to apply is March 14.

      WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT CAREER FAIR

      We still have a few spots remaining for high school and college students to participate in out FREE Wildlife Management Career Exploration Panel. Participants will have the opportunity to hear from a number of current Department employees who will provide an overview of their wildlife management responsibilities. A question and answer period will follow. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is considering a career working with wildlife.

      This event will take place in north Phoenix on February 15, 2014 from 9am until 11am. Even though the event is free, we do require registration. Space is limited, and all registered participants will receive an email with further details as the event approaches. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

      For additional information and to register, please visit http://www.azgfd.gov/careerday.

      YOUTH DAY RETURNS

      The Arizona Game and Fish Department is pleased to announce that registration for the 6th annual Youth Day at the Outdoor Expo has officially opened. Designed specifically for school-aged students groups and students, this event will provide hands-on educational activities focusing on outdoor recreation and environmental education. Join us on Friday, March 28, 2014 for this FREE event located at the Ben Avery Shooting facility in north Phoenix.

      All ages are welcome to attend. The diversity of activities ensures that all students will have a meaningful and memorable experience. Youth Day is open from 8:30am until 2:30pm and free parking is available, as well.

      This event has been EXTREMELY popular in the past and SPACE IS LIMITED! Make sure you register today. An online registration form as well as additional details can be found at http://www.azgfd.gov/youthday.

      OUTDOOR INQUIRY SKILLS TEACHER WORKSHOP

      Only a few spots remain for our two-part outdoor skills teacher training that will introduce you to various techniques that can be used to develop students’ abilities to do science in outdoor environments. For more information and to register, visit http://www.azgfd.gov/i_e/ee/workshops/focus_outdoor.shtml.

      Eric Proctor
      Wildlife Education Coordinator
      Arizona Game and Fish Department
      (623) 236-7243

      Sign up for FREE AZ Game and Fish e-newsletters at http://www.azgfd.gov/signup

      Your wildlife is the Heritage Fund's Legacy!