3036Fwd: Miner Recognition Program at Red Valley

    Oct 10, 2013

    From: Tom Riggenbach <chuskaman@...>
    Date: October 9, 2013 at 9:33:35 PM MST

    Good evening all,

    We would like to share with you some information about the annual Miner Recognition Day at Red Valley-Cove High School, which is being held this year in conjunction with the Cold War Patriots' National Day of Remembrance.

    The event will take place on Wednesday, October 30 at the high school in Red Valley, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and continuing until 3:00 p.m.  The day will provide a unique opportunity for the miners and widows to share their experiences with the students, community and the Nation.  In addition, the miners will be recognized by the RVCHS Miner students, who will present each of the miners and widows with an original miners poster, featuring some of the local miners and surrounding country.  The program will include some remarks by folks involved in the issue, entertainment by Miss Navajo, Sunny Dooley and Dine' flutist Jimmy Keith, plus a hearty meal for all.  The tentative agenda is attached.

    If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact me here or at (928) 429-0345.  Please share this information with folks you know who may like to take part in this event.

    Ahehee.

    Tom Riggenbach
    RVCHS Teacher