3026Fwd: Register in October and get a FREE Klean Kanteen!

    Oct 1, 2013

      From: GSNN <news@...>
      Date: October 1, 2013 at 12:03:41 PM MST
      To: <mansel.nelson@...>
      Subject: Register in October and get a FREE Klean Kanteen!

      Newsletter / October 2013
      Register for the 2014 GSNC
      Forward to a Friend
      Visit Our Website
      In This Issue
      Meet a Keynote!
      Magical School Makeover
      GSNN Board Spotlight
      Student Summit
      We are Growing!
      Green Purchasing
      Mark your Calendar
      Facebook
      Newsletter
      Sponsors

      Register in October!

      The first 250 registrants will receive a Free Klean Kanteen, a  premium steel water bottle with the Green Schools National Conference Logo. Need more reason to register? You'll also register at our discounted Early Bird registration rate!

      REGISTER NOW

      We're well into the fall semester, and we know you're inspired and motivated to green your school. Check out our website - HERE - for tips and strategies to transform your school and district into a healthy, sustainable learning environment. (Also be sure to check out our calendar, since Jim, Jenny and many of our Board Members will be out and about this month!)

      And don't forget to make plans to join us at the 4thannual Green Schools National Conference March 27-29 in Sacramento. It's not too late to take advantage of Early Bird rates! Learn more and register today!

      Meet a Keynote!

      Matt Bogoshian is one of our 2014 Green Schools National Conference keynotes. Not only is Matt Senior Advisor at the Office of Chemical Safety & Pollution with the Environmental Protection Agency, some of our 2013 conferees may recall he brought down the house with a musical number - guitar in hand - at our closing event.

      Magical School Makeover

      Take a group of talented architects, add a school district committed to positive change, and you have a project that transformed two mid-century school buildings into a modern learning campus for K-5 students. Read all about it -- and be inspired!

      LEARN MORE

      GSNN Board Spotlight

      Our COO/CFO Jennifer Seydel is one of several contributing authors on a forthcoming white paper that outlines a national action plan for graduating students educated for sustainability by 2040. Jenny points out that while the authors are experts in their domain, the team would like input from all stakeholders. She encourages individuals to review the key recommendations, and use the comment function to provide input. You can find the recommendations, as well as further information about this initiative:

       LEARN MORE

      Calling all School Environmenal Clubs and Youth Groups

      The Student Summit Planning Team is in high gear, so if you have a project you'd like to share at the Student Summit (it's always a conference highlight!), check out our Call for Presentations and Posters for the GSNN Student Summit here:

       LEARN MORE

      We are Growing!

      Meet our newest GSNN staff members:

      • Jennifer Tabola, Director of Conference Program Content and Design
      • Felix Martin - Student Summit Liaison, Northern California
      • Jordan Howard - Student Summit Liaison, Southern California

      Tune Into Green Purchasing

      This month's podcast on Sustainability News & Entertainment focuses on green purchasing. Yalmaz Siddiqui, Office Depot Senior Technical Advisor and Dr Marilyn Black, Founder of Green Guard and Senior Advisor and LEAD AP Underwriter's Laboratory explore this wide-ranging topic.

      Mark your Calendar!

      October 8th

      Closing date for grant proposals: Healthy Schools: Environmental Factors, Children's Health and Performance, and Sustainable Building Practices.

      LEARN MORE

      October 8th-12th

      NAAEE Conference, Baltimore, MD:  Look for GSNN Board of Directors members Susan Toth, Pine Jog Environmental Center, and Al Stenstrup, PLT Green Schools, at the GSNN Booth, #203!  Say hello and register for a chance to win a free registration for the Green Schools National Conference next March.

      October 18th-20th
        Bioneers Conference, San Rafael, CA:  Connect with GSNN COO/CFO Jennifer Seydel in workshop sessions related to education and in the Exhibit area.

      October 23rd-26th
      Expeditionary Learning Conference, Atlanta, GA:  Connect with GSNN COO/CFO Jennifer Seydel in her role as a School Designer with Expeditionary Learning and with GSNN board member Susan Gottfried, Director of Evergreen Community Charter School.

      October 30th
      Registration Deadline to receive your Klean Kanteen with the GSNN logo!

      November 30th
      End of Early Bird Registration for Green Schools National Conference.
      This email was sent to mansel.nelson@... by news@... |
      Green Schools National Network | P.O. Box 14744 | Madison | WI | 53708-4744