2986Fwd: 2013 AGU NESTA GIFT Workshop

    Aug 20, 2013

      From: Bethany Holm Adamec <Bhadamec@...>
      Subject: 2013 AGU NESTA GIFT Workshop
      Date: August 20, 2013 11:31:50 AM MST
      Cc: Pranoti Asher <PAsher@...>, Anne Tamalavage <atamalavage@...>, Roberta Johnson Killeen <rmjohnsn@...>

      Dear Colleague,

      I am writing because you are a K-12 educator or you work with K-12 educators, and we hope that you will help us get the word out about our upcoming workshop for Earth and space science teachers. The Geophysical Information for Teachers (GIFT) Workshop allows science teachers to hear about the latest geoscience research from the scientists making the discoveries, explore new classroom resources for their students, and visit exhibits and technical sessions of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting (an annual gathering of over 22,000 Earth and space scientists in San Francisco) for free. AGU collaborates with the National Earth Science Teachers’ Association (NESTA) to run GIFT workshops at Fall Meeting.

      Thank you for your time,

      Bethany Adamec

      Please share the information below with your K-12 educator contacts:

      Registration for the 2013 GIFT workshop is now open. We are currently reviewing applications from potential presenters and are planning an exciting program this year covering a variety of current hot topics in Earth and space science as well as a presentation and discussion regarding the Next Generation Science Standards. GIFT will take place on Monday and Tuesday December 9-10, 2013 in San Francisco.

      To register, visit http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/account/ and choose either the member or non-member login option, depending on your status with AGU. Follow the instructions to register as a K-12 educator for the Fall Meeting. Whether or not you are a member, you can register for free through November 8th. Note that you will need to upload a copy of your official school ID or a note from your school administration/informal education employer on official letterhead, which will be verified by AGU.

      After you have uploaded your credentials, you will be taken to the workshop/event page where you can select to register for both days of the GIFT workshop (make sure you click both Monday and Tuesday). If you have questions about the registration process, please contact the AGU Member Service Center.

      For more information about GIFT, visit http://education.agu.org/education-activities-at-agu-meetings/gift/. The workshop agenda and exact location will be posted on this page once it becomes available. We hope that you can join us at GIFT 2013!

      AGU Website

      Bethany Holm Adamec
      Education and Public Outreach Coordinator
      American Geophysical Union
      +1.202.777.7508
      Bhadamec@...

       AGU galvanizes a community of Earth and space scientists that collaboratively advances and communicates science and its power to ensure a sustainable future.

      2013 AGU Fall Meeting
      9-13 December • San Francisco, CA

      Registration & Housing Deadline: 8 November 2013, 11:59 P.M. EDT

      AGU Fall Meeting Website

      Support the American Geophysical Union
      Visit the AGU Blogosphere

      Get the latest information on Facebook and  Twitter

      AGU

      Mansel Nelson
      mansel.nelson@...