2596OSU STEM Scholarships

    Oct 23, 2012

      ---
      From: Dr. Mary Santelmann <santelmm@...>
      Date: Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM
      Subject: OSU STEM Scholarships
      To: bkb0811@...

      Hi, Barbara,

      I hope you're doing well!  I am  writing to let you know that the Water Resources Graduate Program has been successful in obtaining an NSF Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Scholarship grant, and we hope that you might assist us in recruiting eligible students to OSU Water Resources Science and Engineering programs.

      To be eligible, students must be U.S. citizens, have demonstrated financial need, meet admission requirements, and be either a first-generation college student or member of an underrepresented minority (Black/African American, Latina/o, Native American/Alaska Native, and Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian.) For the purpose of these scholarships, women in science or engineering are not considered members of an underrepresented minority.

      As an alumnus, you know our program and I hope that if you know of some students who would be eligible you will recommend that they look into applying to OSU.

      If you can also contact colleagues to spread the word among their students, and send them the link to our website announcing these scholarships, and post our flyer (second link below), that would be wonderful.

      http://oregonstate.edu/gradwater/stem-scholarship-announcement

      http://oregonstate.edu/gradwater/sites/default/files/stem_flyer.pdf

      I see your posts occasionally on Facebook and it sounds like you're having fun and making a splash in Minnesota professionally as well (forgive the pun...) .  Keep up the good work!

      Regards,
      Mary

      Director, Water Resources Graduate Program
      Oregon State University
      Phone: 541.737-1215        FAX: 541.737.1200
      <http://www.geo.oregonstate.edu/~santelmm/>
      email: santelmm@....edu
      Interested in the Water Resources Graduate Program? Visit our web site at :
      http://www.oregonstate.edu/gradwater

      --
      Barbara K. Burkholder
      UMSRS Coordinator and Research Scientist

      --
      Diana Dalbotten
      Diversity Director
      National Center for Earth-surface Dynamics
      St. Anthony Falls Laboratory
      University of Minnesota
      612-624-4608