1397[Fwd: Register Now for Differentiated Practices: Maximizing Learning for ALL Students!]

  • Mansel Nelson
    Oct 1, 2008

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Register Now for Differentiated Practices: Maximizing Learning for ALL Students!
      Date:Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:20:02 -0700
      From:AFRE <erin.morris@...>
      To:Mansel Adelbert Nelson <Mansel.Nelson@...>

      Register Now for AFRE's Best Practices Workshops!

      Differentiated Instructional Practices:
      Maximizing Learning for ALL Students

      November 5-6, 2008 in Phoenix

      Differentiated Instructional Practices are powerful tools to not only address the needs of elementary learners but also the very diverse needs of junior high and senior high learners, including the gifted, talented, or highly motivated students. Secondary teachers are discovering the practical strategies of “differentiation” to be just what they need to better meet their students’ varied needs.

      How do effective teachers respond to the diverse learning needs of each and every one of their students?

      No two students learn exactly the same. So why do we teach as if all students are identical? Here's your opportunity to explore a vision of highly performing classrooms in which heterogeneity is honored through differentiated instruction. Meeting the needs of ALL students should be our goal. Discover how teachers in academically diverse classrooms address student differences in readiness, interest, and learning profile in order to provide more engaging and effective instruction. Topics to be addressed include:

      • The critical need to know the uniqueness of each student
      • The proven strategies to address students' needs relative to their readiness, interests, and learning profile
      • Targeted avenues of differentiated practices — content, process, product, and classroom environment/affect
      • The powerful role of formative assessment

      Workshop content is based on the revolutionary research of Carol Ann Tomlinson and Rick Wormeli. Leave this dynamic training with increased competence and confidence in meeting the diverse and ever-changing needs of students.

      Pricing Information: Discounts are available when you register multiple team members from the same school/district on the same registration form. Registration includes two action-packed days of instruction and hands-on application, great instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
      • 1-4 team members: $280 per person
      • 5-10 team members: $250 per person
      • 11+ team members: $220 per person

      Manage your subscription

      --

      Mansel A. Nelson

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
      children."  Native American Proverb